This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well! I just finished up fall break even though I was still doing work, which is sad, but oh well. For today, I wanted to talk about some fall staples that I think are a must as we ease into fall. Enjoy!

The first thing that is an absolute must is a good handbag, nothing too small nor too big. I just picked up this soft satchel handbag from Target and I am loving it so far. It is very soft, but not like cotton or anything; it feels really good. The purse could also convert to a crossbody bag, so that’s cool. I got it in the color black, but there are a few different other colors like caramel and burgundy; perfect colors for fall. 

fashion bag flowers white leather simple minimal
Dimi Boutselis / Her Campus

Next is a good cardigan. I have had the same long gray cardigan since high school and last month, I finally bought two new ones. They aren’t long cardigans, so it offers me some variety with my wardrobe.

The third staple would be to visit a farmers market. I went to the Williamsburg Farmer’s Market last weekend with my parents and it was nice. For those fans of Aromas, there was a little booth they had set up with pastries and different kinds of coffee, syrup, etc. My trip to the farmers market included me (or, well, my parents) buying flowers, peppers, two mini pumpkins for my bedroom, kettle corn (absolutely delicious), and some homemade marinara sauce. 

Last but certainly not least is makeup. I don’t wear much makeup, but I do like a little mascara when the weather becomes just right. I have been using the Better Than Sex mascara since high school I believe. Then, from time to time, I will add a lip product and the color mauve always suits me. 

Do you have any fall staples? 

Hope you enjoyed, until next time!

Hi everyone my name is Nicole and I am a senior at CNU. I am majoring in psychology and am currently applying to graduate school to become a licensed counselor. I currently enjoy watching American Horror Story with my roommates and reading.