Dominique Sidrak ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Meet Dominique Sidrak, a kind-hearted sophomore with a glowing personality and a bright future. 

Year: Sophomore

Major: Communications

Hometown: Fairfax, VA

Relationship Status: “Happily single.”

Involvement on campus: “I’m the Phi Mu Sorority Sisterhood Chair. I was also a Crew Leader, and now I’m an RA.”

Celebrity Crush: “I have a whole list! Definitely Ryan Gosling, definitely Michael Bublé.”

Who are your role models?: “My parents. My mom is my hero; she is everything that I aspire to be. My stepdad is the ultimate father figure, and also my hero because I would be a different person if I never met him. They are my best friends and they always have my best interest in mind, and get me through everything.”        

What is one of your long-term goals?: “My main goal in life is to get married and be a mom. Ultimately, I want to provide for a family. I’m really interested in health, like eating habits and taking care of yourself, and how that effects your well-being. I want to incorporate my major into speaking about what I learned about health through personal experience and helping others.”

Hobbies: “I like to draw and I love dancing.”     

Do you have any random talents?: “Doing makeup.”  

What song do you think perfectly describes you/your personality?: “It’s hard to choose! I like old school blues, like something by Michael Bublé. But I also like to dance, so probably like Shakira and Michael Bublé singing together if that could ever happen!”

What would be your ideal first date?: “Going somewhere that I’ve never been before, then going out to eat in a really nice restaurant. Then going to see a movie and eating junk food. That would be great.”

Favorite thing about CNU: “My favorite things about CNU are the people I’ve met and no matter how high up you go with authority figures they’re so easy to talk to. I had an awesome experience walking into the office of the department head of the (Luter) Business School without an appointment, and she was so genuine and helpful. CNU is like the land of opportunity, like I would be lost at a bigger school.”

I am a current senior at Christopher Newport University as a history major with a minor in childhood studies. A future elementary school teacher, with a blossoming passion for photography!