This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Hello, everybody! I hope you are having a wonderful week. Today is all about reading, books, authors, etc. Reading is not something I normally write about, but I actually love to read, from paperback books (which we will get to) to online sources (like Wattpad. I love Wattpad). Reading has been part of my life ever since I was little. I remember reading Junie B. Jones, The Magic Treehouse, etc.

Reading is one of my favorite things to do, and most of the time you can find me reading on my phone. One of my New Year’s Resolution though was to read more paperbacks because I’m tired of being glued to my phone. So, I brought back four backs, and I’ve succesfully read one and started the other. The one and half books I’ve read so far are by my favorite author, Colleen Hoover.

Colleen is a young-adult fiction writer. She has many #1 New York Times Best Sellers (I believe almost all her books are best sellers, so go Colleen) and honeslty got me started in paperbacks years ago. So, without further ado, here are my favorite books, and books I want to read in the future. Enjoy.

Books I’ve read#1 Confess

Confess was the first book I’ve ever read by Collen, so it’s just fitting that its my favorite.

Summary: At age twenty-one, Auburn Reed has already lost everything important to her. In her fight to rebuild her shattered life, she has her goals in sight, and there is no room for mistakes. But when she walks into a Dallas art studio in search of a job, she doesn’t expect to find a deep attraction to the enigmatic artist who works there, Owen Gentry.

For once, Auburn takes a chance and puts her heart in control, only to discover that Owen is keeping a major secret from coming out. The magnitude of his past threatens to destroy everything important to Auburn, and the only way to get her life back on track is to cut Owen out of it.

To save their relationship, all Owen needs to do is confess. But in this case, the confession could be much more destructive than the actual sin.

#2 November 9

Summary: Fallon meets Ben, an aspiring novelist, the day before her scheduled cross-country move. Their untimely attraction leads them to spend Fallon’s last day in L.A. together, and her eventful life becomes the creative inspiration Ben has always sought for his novel. Over time, and amidst the various relationships and tribulations of their own separate lives, they continue to meet on the same date every year. Until one day Fallon becomes unsure if Ben has been telling her the truth or fabricating a perfect reality for the sake of the ultimate plot twist.

Can Ben’s relationship with Fallon—and simultaneously his novel—be considered a love story if it ends in heartbreak?

#3 Maybe Someday

Summary: At twenty-two years old, Sydney is enjoying a great life: She’s in college, working a steady job, in love with her wonderful boyfriend, Hunter, and rooming with her best friend, Tori. But everything changes when she discovers that Hunter is cheating on her—and she’s forced to decide what her next move should be.

Soon, Sydney finds herself captivated by her mysterious and attractive neighbor, Ridge. She can’t take her eyes off him or stop listening to the passionate way he plays his guitar every evening out on his balcony. And there’s something about Sydney that Ridge can’t ignore, either. They soon find themselves needing each other in more ways than one.

#4 Maybe Not

I read Maybe Not right after Maybe Someday. I think its more on the lines of a prequel, but you don’t have to read Maybe Someday first if that makes sense?

Summary: When Warren has the opportunity to live with a female roommate, he instantly agrees. It could be an exciting change.

Or maybe not.

Especially when that roommate is the cold and seemingly calculated Bridgette. Tensions run high and tempers flare as the two can hardly stand to be in the same room together. But Warren has a theory about Bridgette: anyone who can hate with that much passion should also have the capability to love with that much passion. And he wants to be the one to test this theory.

Will Bridgette find it in herself to warm her heart to Warren and finally learn to love?

Maybe.

Maybe Not.

#5 Hopeless

Summary: Sky, a senior in high school, meets Dean Holder, a guy with a promiscuous reputation that rivals her own. From their very first encounter, he terrifies and captivates her. Something about him sparks memories of her deeply troubled past, a time she’s tried so hard to bury. Though Sky is determined to stay far away from him, his unwavering pursuit and enigmatic smile break down her defenses and the intensity of the bond between them grows. But the mysterious Holder has been keeping secrets of his own, and once they are revealed, Sky is changed forever, and her ability to trust may be a casualty of the truth.

Only by courageously facing the stark revelations can Sky and Holder hope to heal their emotional scars and find a way to live and love without boundaries. Hopeless is a novel that will leave you breathless, entranced, and remembering your own first love.

Books I want to read

Losing Hope

The sequel to Hopeless.

Summary: Haunted by the little girl he coudn’t save from immeniant danger, Holder’s life has been overshadowed by feelings of guilt and remorse. He has never stopped searching for her, believing that finding her would bring him peace he needs to move on. However, Holder could not have anticipated that he would be faced with an even greater pain the moment they reconnected.

In Losing Hope, Holder reveals the way in which Sky’s youth affected him and his family, leading him to seek his own redemption in the act of saving her. But it is only in loving Sky that he can finally begin to heal himself.

Ugly Love

Summary: When Tate Collins meets airline pilot Miles Archer, she doesn’t think it’s love at first sight. They wouldn’t even go so far as to consider themselves friends. The only thing Tate and Miles have in common is an undeniable mutual attraction. Once their desires are out in the open, they realize they have the perfect set-up. He doesn’t want love, she doesn’t have time for love, so that just leaves the sex. Their arrangement could be surprisingly seamless, as long as Tate can stick to the only two rules Miles has for her.

Never ask about the past.

Don’t expect a future.

They think they can handle it, but realize almost immediately they can’t handle it at all.

Hearts get infiltrated.

Promises get broken.

Rules get shattered.

Love gets ugly.

These are my latest two by Colleen Hoover that I can’t wait to dive into. I hope you enjoyed this article, and maybe you can pick up a copy of one of her great books.

*Summaries are from Barnes & Noble

Hi everyone my name is Nicole and I am a senior at CNU. I am majoring in psychology and am currently applying to graduate school to become a licensed counselor. I currently enjoy watching American Horror Story with my roommates and reading.