Codie Frank ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Full Name: Codie Frank      

Year: Senior

Major: Communications with a Leadership Studies minor

Hometown: Midlothian, VA

Relationship Status: Taken

What are your involvements on campus?: “I am a brother of Kappa Delta Rho, a PLP ambassador, and the FDAC of Santoro.”

What are your major career goals?: “I want to go into education. I’m going to graduate school next year for higher education administration. So working in a college somewhere with student development.”

Who are your role models?: “I look up to my dad a lot and I look up to my grand-big brother in KDR, Greg, which is like your big brother’s big brother. They both just really help me see the more important things to do and help me question what I’m doing instead of just going with the flow.”

What are your hobbies?: “I like to draw. I like to dance. I do homework as a hobby because that’s all I do. I love watching “Parks and Rec and it’s my favorite show.”

What is your favorite holiday?: “I’m between like Thanksgiving and Christmas. I would just say Thanksgiving because gifts are great but with actually coming together and eating you share more than just a present.”

Who is your celebrity crush?: “Channing Tatum. And also I’m obsessed with Lady Gaga. It’s not really a crush, it’s an obsession, and a lifestyle.”

Are you a cat person or a dog person?: “I like dogs better, but I think cat memes are funnier.”

Describe your ideal date:“I just want to go to dinner, go to a movie and cuddle. And wine.”

What is one thing on your bucket list?: “I’ve always wanted to go skydiving but I’m terrified of heights, but I still want to go skydiving anyway. I’ve also wanted to go shark diving. I’ve also always wanted to go tornado hunting.”

What is your guilty pleasure?: “Guilty pleasure: “Desperate Housewives.” I used to watch “Desperate Housewives” with my mom all the time. And also really sappy romance movies. Those get me every time.”

What is something you absolutely cannot live without?: “I would say my drive to do things. If I didn’t have that I wouldn’t be doing anything, but I have a lot of ambitions and things I want to do.

Describe yourself in three words: “Curious, organized, determined.”

Do you have any dating advice you’d like to share?: “I have two. I guess one, for online dating, don’t cut it out just because it doesn’t necessarily sound the most positive, because it does work. That’s how I met my boyfriend. It really does work if you give it a chance and you are on there for the right reasons. And another one would be just be yourself because if you try to be someone you’re not with someone who really likes you and you like them too, you kind of have that identity crisis where you’re like ‘I don’t want them to see all these bad things.’ But at the end of the day, they want to see those bad things so that they can see who you really are.”

Lee Martin is a 20-year-old junior at Christopher Newport University majoring in Communication Studies with minors in Leadership and Women's & Gender Studies. She co-founded CNU's chapter of Her Campus and currently serves as Co-Campus Correspondent/Editor-in Chief, as well as a Chapter Advisor to five other campuses. As a journalist, she has written for The Oyster Pointer, The Winchester Star, and worked with National Student Leadership Conference's Journalism, Film & Media Arts program. When not writing, you can find her binging on chocolate and coffee while laughing at Parks and Rec or The Office. If you must read her silly musings, follow her on Twitter at @loveleeforlife