leaves converse fall sneakers ground
leaves converse fall sneakers ground
Jackie Ryan / Her Campus
Style > Fashion

Accessorizing for a Fashionable Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

When the weather changes, I want to live in sweatpants and hoodies, but I live for cute outfits. Just because the temperature drops does not mean that your style has to as well! Here are some of my favorite ways to accessorize in the fall:

Up-do’s

Hair can make or break an outfit! Adding a headband to a messy bun or even a unique claw clip will give so much to a look! Even if it’s only half-up, there are endless options. The most recent trend, ribbons, are so adorable for fall! Ribbons can be added to pig tails, pony tails, braids, and buns. Bonus points if they correlate with your cozy sweater.

Bags

Everyone loves a good bag; they’re functional and cute! My go-to for fall is a colorful “hobo” bag! Whether it’s a clutch, cross body, or tote bag, it is a great way to add a hint of your style to any outfit. I prefer larger bags to carry all my autumn necessities such as chapstick, hand lotion, wallet, water, and even sunglasses.

Shoes

Bringing out my Dr. Martens might be my favorite time of year. I have the Chelsea boots, and I think it is so much fun to add snazzy socks! They’re so cute with tights to show off your socks, or even with some mom jeans. I also adore the Ugg boots and slippers! However, another great way to dress up an outfit is with cool sneakers! This is the best time to show off your shoe game.

Jewelry

Jewelry is the perfect addition to any outfit, as it is so versatile. Interesting necklaces are perfect with an up-do or even a simple choker with your hair down. Rings are another option too; chunky rings are so cute and eye-catching. I love to stack rings and necklaces, as I find that it brings an engaging demeanor.

jackets

Layering clothing is so important when it gets frigid outside. Jackets are a great way to add some personality, even with jeans or a bland shirt. I love to wear blue and green jackets for color, but there are so many unique ideas. Thrifting is a great way to find personalized pieces to your closet. If you have a plain jacket, you can always up-cycle with iron-on patches or dying it with color or bleach!

I hope some of these ideas help bring your fall-fashion dreams to life! If you can’t find inspiration, I recommend Pinterest!

Natalea (she/her) is majoring in English with a concentration in writing. As well as planning to minor in photography. Her favorite things are reading, meditation, traveling, journaling & watching new movies/tv shows.