Welcome Back to Sunshine a.k.a 50-Degree Weather

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CMU chapter.

As warm weather comes in, and the layers start coming off (there may still be some, but it is all relative!), welcome back to non-frozen Pittsburgh!

Remember, it is Pittsburgh, so never take the warmth for granted! Make the most of the weather while you can. Here are some things to do:

1. Workout

Go for a run, it is no longer dangerous! No icy sidewalks, no slushy-snow, just light breeze and sunshine! Plus, summer is almost here! Time to get back in shape.

2. Go Eat at that Restaurant that you always meant to

Yeah THAT one! The one you wanted to, but then that thing happened, and then the weather was bad, and it was just too far away and it was too cold and….. yeah… go try it!

3. Retail Therapy at Waterfront?

Lets be honest, you need new clothes! It is spring, and nothing says spring like going out shopping because you are in the mood for it. You can finally wear clothes that aren’t hidden by a winter coat, and you should take advantage of that! Plus, who needs an excuse from some retail therapy, especially if it is nice enough to go store hopping?

4. Sit-Out with a good book

Again, do it while you can. Even if it isn’t a good book per-say… fine, even if it is a textbook! Do it!! Let’s be honest, after a brutal winter, being outside makes anyone happy, so use any excuse to have that extra time out. Or at least pop the window open?

5. Say Goodbye to Boots, at least for a bit!

While rainboots are never totally out, those big, heavy snow boots? Yeah, let’s put those away and hope they don’t have to see your feet for a LOOOONNNNGGG time! Yup, adios!

I am currently senior majoring in Business Administration and Statistics with a track in Finance at Carnegie Mellon University. Jane Austen, Charles Dickens, Enid Blyton and J.K Rowling are a few of my favorite authors. I also love watching British TV shows (Sherlock is my favorite!). On campus, I am involved in several activities, including Carnegie Mellon Business Association and Smart Woman Securities.
I am a junior Materials Science and Engineering mjaor at Carnegie Mellon University, and I am also minoring in Professional Writing and Business. I am a member of Kappa Kappa Gamma.  I love TV and trying out new beauty products.  I follow E! on Twitter so that I can stay up-to-date on celebrity news.  I'm royal-obsessed, and I love Kate Middleton's style.  I'm kind of a Sephora addict, and I could easily spend hours there.  I also spend way too much time on Pinterest.  Finally, I love hockey and all Pittsburgh sports.