Style > Beauty

Secrets of a Beauty Junkie: Product Review- Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CMU chapter.

Over spring break, I realized to my own dismay that I had been using the same eyeshadow for way too long, so I decided to switch it up.  My belief is that when it comes to eyeshadow, having a high-end brand is not a big deal, so I headed to the drugstore makeup aisle (I’m pretty sure they almost know me by name there). I had heard good things about Maybelline Color Tattoo, so I decided to give it a try. As much as I love trying crazy eyeshadow colors, I wanted something I could wear for an “everyday” look, and I love bronze and gold shades for my brown eyes, so I went with “Bold Gold.”  If you have green or hazel eyes, try “Painted Purple” or “Pomegranate Punk.” For blue eyes, try “Tough as Taupe” or “Bold Gold.” “Audacious Asphalt” is great for every eye color, and if you want to try the color of the year, try “Edgy Emerald.”  

Color Tattoo is a “24 hour” cream gel, so it’s longer lasting than ordinary powder eyeshadows.  I have to say, I was skeptical, but Color Tattoo really is long wearing. I love the way it layers for more or less intense color, and I can’t wait to try out more colors.  I wouldn’t really expect it to stay on for a full 24 hours without fading at least somewhat, but I guess I’ll be testing it out later this week when I have multiple assignments due (Does anyone else miss spring break?). Speaking of spring break, this eyeshadow is great for warmer weather because it’s creamy and lasts through the humidity. This makes it a great addition to your spring makeup collection, and at only $6.99, it’s even affordable on a college budget.

I am a junior Materials Science and Engineering mjaor at Carnegie Mellon University, and I am also minoring in Professional Writing and Business. I am a member of Kappa Kappa Gamma.  I love TV and trying out new beauty products.  I follow E! on Twitter so that I can stay up-to-date on celebrity news.  I'm royal-obsessed, and I love Kate Middleton's style.  I'm kind of a Sephora addict, and I could easily spend hours there.  I also spend way too much time on Pinterest.  Finally, I love hockey and all Pittsburgh sports.