Style > Beauty

Secrets of a Beauty Junkie: 5 Best Beauty-Related Pinterest Accounts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CMU chapter.

Anyone who knows me knows that I love Pinterest.  As a beauty junkie, I love seeing different looks on celebrities, runways, and everyday people.  Pinterest lets me keep all the pretty hairstyles, lip colors, and eye makeup I love in one organized place, so I always have inspiration when I need it.  Here are my top 5 favorite beauty-related Pinterest accounts:

1. Sephora (sephora):

Sephora’s Pinterest page is basically what I dream about at night.  They have boards featuring hot colors of the season, gorgeous nail art, tutorials and tips from professionals, and much, much more.  Warning: You will want to spend even more at Sephora than you already do.  They are constantly pinning new products and “Daily Obsessions”.  Needless to say, I am in love.

2. Glamour Magazine (glamourmag):

Glamour pins everything beauty related from hair to nails to date night looks to favorite products.  They also feature affordable makeup from the drugstore in addition to the more expensive brands, so you won’t always be left with an empty wallet.  There is also a board featuring really adorable quotes, and their “Hey, It’s OK” board might make you feel a little bit better about life, too.  As if that wasn’t enough, the fashion they feature is great, so basically, it’s a one stop shopping kind of a thing.

3. LaurenConrad.com (laurenconrad1):

Pretty much everything you ever wanted to know about beauty is featured on their “primp” board, but they also have fashion, exercise tips, DIYs, and all the adorable photos and quotes you could ever want.  But back to the beauty stuff, they have a ton of tutorials and tips, as well as looks to inspire you.  Plus, who doesn’t like to think they are getting beauty tips from Lauren Conrad?

[pagebreak] 

4. Allure Magazine (alluremagazine):

Allure Magazine is definitely the most beauty-focused magazine out there, and their Pinterest page doesn’t disappoint.  They have everything hair, makeup, and skincare related you could ever want to know, and since it comes from the beauty experts at Allure, you know it’s good.  Plus, they also feature a lot of inexpensive products, and what college girl doesn’t want to save money?

5. Glitter Guide (glitterguide):

I love Glitter Guide for everything from cute quotes to fashion to home décor, but their beauty boards just might be my favorite of all.  In addition to the typical tips and products, they have a “Beauty Inspiration” board perfect for when you find yourself in a rut.  Plus, they never fail to disappoint with the amount of glitter, and who doesn’t love a little sparkle?

I am a junior Materials Science and Engineering mjaor at Carnegie Mellon University, and I am also minoring in Professional Writing and Business. I am a member of Kappa Kappa Gamma.  I love TV and trying out new beauty products.  I follow E! on Twitter so that I can stay up-to-date on celebrity news.  I'm royal-obsessed, and I love Kate Middleton's style.  I'm kind of a Sephora addict, and I could easily spend hours there.  I also spend way too much time on Pinterest.  Finally, I love hockey and all Pittsburgh sports.