This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CMU chapter.

2015 started off like every other year: You make your list of resolutions (mine include writing more, watching Netflix less, and reading 40 books before the year is up), set a game plan and get all ramped up and ready to start this year off right.

Now, it’s February and if you’re anything like me, your New Year’s resolutions are looking more like this:

We’re officially one month in to 2015 and it’s time to get serious. This is usually the time of year that I start forgetting my resolutions, but for once, I’d like to get to the end of December and be able to check off all the items on my resolutions list. Here are my tips to sticking to our goals and making sure there are no regrets by the end of this year:

1. Get a resolution buddy.

Whether it’s working out or doing your homework on time, having a friend to encourage you can be really helpful! If you have the same goal you’ll be able to work together on it. Even if you have separate goals, having someone to hold you accountable while you work towards your resolution will help keep you motivated!

2. Make a calendar and stick to it.

Having a game plan is important to any goal, especially if you set deadlines for yourself. You’ll be more likely to keep continually think about your resolutions through out the year and you’ll be even more conscious of when you fall behind. You can even set alerts on your phone, so you’ll be reminded if you’ve passed your deadline!

3. Make sure your goals are realistic.

It’s easy to sit down in January, Now that it’s been a month; you might have some more perspective and have found that your resolutions aren’t as easy as you thought they were. It’s OK to downsize your goals!

I’m just going to say it: sticking to your New Year’s Resolutions is hard (especially when you promised yourself less TV and Netflix just added all 10 seasons of Friends), but don’t let the February slump keep you from working on them. Following these rules and believing in yourself will go a long way in helping you reach your goals by December.

I am a junior Materials Science and Engineering mjaor at Carnegie Mellon University, and I am also minoring in Professional Writing and Business. I am a member of Kappa Kappa Gamma.  I love TV and trying out new beauty products.  I follow E! on Twitter so that I can stay up-to-date on celebrity news.  I'm royal-obsessed, and I love Kate Middleton's style.  I'm kind of a Sephora addict, and I could easily spend hours there.  I also spend way too much time on Pinterest.  Finally, I love hockey and all Pittsburgh sports.