A Glimpse into a Typical Lunar Gala Rehearsal

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CMU chapter.

When I first walked into a Lunar Gala rehearsal, I was a little early but the perimeter of the room was already packed with models changing into their outfits.

Immediately, I got the sense that I was backstage at some New York Fashion Week show. There were designers pacing in and out of the room with their designs, and I distinctly remember being in awe as I looked around at all the pieces of creativity that surrounded me. There was an air of excitement, professionalism, and a tinge of stress as everyone scurried to get into their outfits.

After having the opportunity to speak with one of the producers of the show to get some details on the show, I settled myself in the corner of the room (I had to move soon since more models arrived and began changing into their outfits).

The rehearsal began as soon as one of the creative directors took the megaphone and let everyone know it was time to begin the rehearsals. Some models continued to change as the first line immediately got into order and soon they hit the makeshift runway in the middle of the runway when the music began.

It was amazing to see how organized everything was running. Even if on the sides there were designers adjusting the look of their creations on models, a producer looking through a stack of programs, the models who were practicing in their line continued to walk with attention. If the pose at front wasn’t exactly right and even if there was a slight difference in timing, then the line had to walk all over again to make sure the walk was down to perfection.

Seeing this made me sure of one thing: this show will show exactly how students can organize a show and make it absolutely flawless. Come out to Lunar Gala this Saturday if you want to witness for yourself what I’m talking about. 

I am currently senior majoring in Business Administration and Statistics with a track in Finance at Carnegie Mellon University. Jane Austen, Charles Dickens, Enid Blyton and J.K Rowling are a few of my favorite authors. I also love watching British TV shows (Sherlock is my favorite!). On campus, I am involved in several activities, including Carnegie Mellon Business Association and Smart Woman Securities.