Entertainment Blog: Top 5 Things in Entertainment to Love Right Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CMU chapter.

Ok, so I never really gotten into “The Hunger Games,” (I can almost feel the brewing hatred of readers right now) but there are still a ton of movies, TV, and music that I do love right now. Here is my top five:

The return of “Community” (Thursdays at 8pm on NBC)
I recently started watching seasons 1-3 of “Community,” the comedy that cleverly mocks community college.  So far I’ve loved it and I’m so excited to see it return.  In the premiere of the new season, Shirley gets remarried, and Jeff and Britta exchange fake vows. For fans of the show before it was cancelled, the “Community” is back and funnier than ever.  For those who have never watched before, the antics of Jeff, the lawyer who’s fake degree landed him in community college, will have you laughing from start to finish.  And who doesn’t like a few good Ryan Seacrest jokes?

“Dancing with the Stars” Season 14 (Mondays at 8pm and Tuesdays at 9pm on ABC)
This season of “Dancing” is off to a great start with an actually well-known cast (“Extra” host Maria Menunos, Steve Urkel from “Family Matters,” and Latin American soap star William Levy).  The famous cast, along with the return of pro dancers Derek Hough and the troublemaking Maksim Chmerkovskiy, are quickly causing “Dancing” to rise to the top of the ratings yet again.  With the first episode being “the best premiere yet,” this season is sure to be a good one.  Please try and tell me you won’t enjoy watching the attractive pro dancers?

“Adele: Live at the Royal Albert Hall” (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6d9_av3viw)
While not exactly new in the world of entertainment, I recently discovered this awesome live concert, and I have to say it was a great hour and a half of my life.  Hearing Adele sing the live versions of her songs, as well as several covers, is great for anyone’s listening pleasure.  Not to mention, hearing her talk in between the songs shows just how down-to-earth she really is!

New episodes of “The Big Bang Theory” (Thursdays at 8pm on CBS)
Seriously, if you’ve never watched “Big Bang,” you might be living under a rock.  If you go to CMU, it’s even funnier because it’s pretty relatable, and you will probably understand a lot more of the jokes than your non-CMU friends.  With the most recent episodes including Raj attempting to seduce iPhone’s Siri and the voice of Spock leading Sheldon to wrongdoing, the geek antics are as funny as ever.  To make things even better, Penny and Leonard are attempting a relationship again (yay!).

“Friends with Kids” (In theaters now)
Two words: “Bridesmaids.” Reunion.  Two more words: Kristen. Whiig.  The comedy stars Jon Hamm, Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph, and Chris O’Dowd, all of whom starred in the Oscar-nominated, laugh out loud comedy “Bridesmaids.”  Those are the only four reasons I needed to see this film.  In the film, two best friends decide to have a child together while keeping their relationship platonic, so they can avoid the toll kids can take on romantic relationships.  This situation + Kristen Wiig = hilarity.  This is definitely a movie worth seeing.

I am a junior Materials Science and Engineering mjaor at Carnegie Mellon University, and I am also minoring in Professional Writing and Business. I am a member of Kappa Kappa Gamma.  I love TV and trying out new beauty products.  I follow E! on Twitter so that I can stay up-to-date on celebrity news.  I'm royal-obsessed, and I love Kate Middleton's style.  I'm kind of a Sephora addict, and I could easily spend hours there.  I also spend way too much time on Pinterest.  Finally, I love hockey and all Pittsburgh sports. 
Julianne Grauel is a sophomore Professional Writing major at Carnegie Mellon University and is originally from the California Bay Area. At Carnegie Mellon she is a peer tutor for writing and an active sister in her sorority, Kappa Alpha Theta. This past summer, she interned at Gentry Magazine and hopes to work for a magazine after college. Julianne loves football, sushi, sunshine, and dance parties. She probably consumes far too much Red Mango froyo and can’t get enough of Project Runway. In her free time she likes to travel, watch sports center, take spinning classes and, most of all, shop.