Campus Cutie: Briana Williams ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CMU chapter.

Name: Briana Williams

Hometown: Owings Mills, MD

Major(s): Psychology

Year: Sophomore

Campus involvement: The Tartan, Alpha Phi, Undergraduate Research Assistant, Scotch’n’Soda

Relationship status: Single

Ideal date spot: The beach with food

Favorite food: Anything Italian

Celebrity crush: Justin Timberlake

Favorite movie: The Breakfast Club, Taxi

Three words that describe you: Down-to-earth, introverted, goofy

Qualities you look for in a guy: Sense of humor and laid-back

Biggest accomplishment: Being elected as VP of Chapter Operations for Alpha Phi has been a really great accomplishment for me. I decided to run on a whim  (which I would never recommend), but I’m glad that I did because I’m learning a lot and it’s been a great experience so far! I’ve learned a lot about the kind of leader I am and how I handle certain situations.

Biggest life dream: Having my own private practice in clinical psychology

Favorite trait about yourself: My ability to stay calm in most situations

Female role model: My mom. She is loving and intelligent and she always encourages me to follow my dreams even when at first they don’t seem to be plausible.

If you could have one superpower, what would it be? Telekinesis

How do you think girls can be powerful? Girls can be powerful by honestly believing that they have the power to make a change. As cheesy as it sounds, believing in yourself garners way more power than if you always doubt your thoughts and actions.

Why do you think it’s important for girls to be powerful? Girls have been taught from a young age that we didn’t have much power, but I think it’s important to dispel what is the “norm” and let us thrive as powerful women who can take charge of our own lives.

I am a junior Materials Science and Engineering mjaor at Carnegie Mellon University, and I am also minoring in Professional Writing and Business. I am a member of Kappa Kappa Gamma.  I love TV and trying out new beauty products.  I follow E! on Twitter so that I can stay up-to-date on celebrity news.  I'm royal-obsessed, and I love Kate Middleton's style.  I'm kind of a Sephora addict, and I could easily spend hours there.  I also spend way too much time on Pinterest.  Finally, I love hockey and all Pittsburgh sports.