5 Pinterest Recipes to Try this Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CMU chapter.

Let’s be honest, you’ve probably had more Pinterest fails than you would like to admit. Not all of us are gifted with glue gun skills and a knack for baking desserts. But with Thanksgiving coming up, it just might be time to give it another shot. Here are five Pinterest recipes to try this Thanksgiving break.

1. Cranberry Mocktail

Difficulty level: .5

Let’s start off easy with a beverage. If you can pour liquid, you can make this drink. All you need is Sprite, cranberry juice, and sparkling cider, or sparkling wine, for the older relatives. Bonus points for adding fresh cranberries!

2. Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes

Difficulty level: 2

Mashed potatoes are a must at every Thanksgiving feast, and if you have a slow cooker at home and two left hands in the kitchen, this recipe is for you. It’s only got three steps: cut potatoes, throw ‘em in the cooker for a few hours, and then mix with milk, sour cream, and seasoning! Warning: viewing this pin will make you crave mashed potatoes hard.

3. Apple Pie Crescents

Difficulty level: 4

Okay, so this one involves the oven, but is still super easy. These delicious desserts are made using pre-prepared Pillsbury crescent rolls, so all you have to do is sprinkle some cinnamon and sugar, roll an apple slice into the crescent, and bake! Even I can pull this off.

4. Mini Pumpkin Pies

Difficulty level: 7

We’re getting into some serious desserts now, but still totally do-able. Using pre-prepared piecrust and pumpkin that comes in a can, this recipe is pretty straightforward. And if you’re willing to splurge on some leaf shaped cookie cutters, these mini pies will come out looking fancy enough to impress even your classiest relatives.

5. Edible Cornucopia

Difficulty level: 14

This recipe is not for the faint of heart, but if you truly desire to create a cornucopia made of bread, this pin will walk you through it. Best-case scenario, you have a beautiful and edible centerpiece. Worst-case scenario, you have a disastrous Pinterest fail to post on the internet.

I am a junior Materials Science and Engineering mjaor at Carnegie Mellon University, and I am also minoring in Professional Writing and Business. I am a member of Kappa Kappa Gamma.  I love TV and trying out new beauty products.  I follow E! on Twitter so that I can stay up-to-date on celebrity news.  I'm royal-obsessed, and I love Kate Middleton's style.  I'm kind of a Sephora addict, and I could easily spend hours there.  I also spend way too much time on Pinterest.  Finally, I love hockey and all Pittsburgh sports.