What Not to Miss at the Clemson/FSU Game

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

It’s early Saturday morning and College Game Day is gearing up on Bowman field. You stumble out of bed and pour you and your friends some mimosas. Last night was your pregame to what will most certainly be an epic day in Tiger Town, and you need a bit of a pick me up. Kickoff is at 8:22pm that means you have an entire day to gallivant around campus with friends boasting your Tiger Pride.

First stop, College Game Day on Bowman Field. This is the second time that Clemson will be hosting College Game Day this season, and the first time that College Game Day has gone back to the same location twice within the first 8 weeks of the season since 2007. Bowman field will be buzzing all day starting at 7 o’clock in the morning until kickoff.

If you want a chance to be in the best spot for ESPN College Gameday broadcast on Saturday, the Coke Zero’s Section Zero is the place to be. It will be directly beside the broadcast starting at 7 o’clock in the morning. Come out in your best game day attire; the first 50 people to get there early and display their tiger pride will be admitted into the stands and have opportunities to win awesome prizes.

The next attraction is the Nissan Heisman House. Former defensive tackle Michael Dean Perry, who was 1987 ACC Player of the Year, will appear from 3:30pm to 5:00 p.m. Former Tiger quarterback Woody Dantzler, who became the first player in NCAA history to pass for more than 2,000 yards and rush for more than 1,000 in a single season, will be there from 5:30pm to 6:00pm. Fans will have the opportunity to take pictures with the Heisman Trophy, participate in autograph sessions and photo opportunities, and keep tabs on the weekend’s games on multiple TVs.

Tailgating is next on the agenda, obviously. Throughout your tailgate hopping don’t forget to stop by Friar’s Tavern for the great party atmosphere and the famous “Jet Fuel” drink that is a must have on game day. Also, head to the Esso Club for great food and drinks—it’s a Clemson Tradition.

Don’t forget to go to the West End Zone for Tiger Walk two hours before kickoff, and make sure to head into the game early so you don’t miss our Tigers running down the hill.

#StopTheChop

GO TIGERS!