This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

If you are anything like me, you find inspiration in words. Some of the best motivation for me can be found in quotes. Here is your batch of motivational quotes as we start the new year!

About Happiness:

This year, learn to take each moment for what it is. Each moment is designed for something – appreciation, growth, laughter – and we do ourselves a disservice when we ignore that.

About Time:

At the start of the New Year, we can’t help but reflect on all the years that came before. Regardless if the previous year was full of the good or the bad, it was full. And we owe ourselves that – we owe it to ourselves to embrace the journey of life and to lean into this New Year.

About the Unknown:

Good things can come our way when we are stationary, but only great things come to us when we step outside our comfort zones. That is where the growth and the magic happen.

About Change:

Change should be embraced, not feared. And you don’t owe anyone an apology for living your own life.

About Action:

Ever heard the phrase “talk is cheap”? You deserve more, so go after it!

Caitlin Barkley is currently a senior at Clemson University pursuing a degree in both Biology and Psychology. In 2016-2017, she served as the Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus Clemson after joining her freshman year. She is also an ambassador with the Calhoun Honors College, a teacher with Clemson Dancers, and a member of Tiger Strut Dance Company. Caitlin is a colonizing member of the South Carolina Beta Chapter of Pi Beta Phi, and she serves as the current Chapter President. A few of her favorite things include coffee, her Clemson ring, and fuzzy blankets! Follow her on Instagram @c_barkley19
Devon is a marketing major with a minor in communications at Clemson University. She's from Anderson, South Carolina. A southern gal deep in her roots, she can't live without sweet tea. She DIY's everything (even if it's not necessary) and loves to be creative. She loves adventures, hanging with friends, and all kinds of animals. Devon is never afraid to share her opinion or dance when everyone's watching. Feel free to follow her on instagram @devon_finley