This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.
Secret Obsessions

This movie came out last year and is one of me and my roomie’s faves! First of all, Brenda Song has the main role (throwback to her Disney days) in this very suspenseful thriller. Along with this, she plays a woman who just woke up in the hospital from a traumatic event and has lost all of her memory from the event. The man sitting next to her in the hospital refreshes her on the fact that she was married to him before the accident. She then goes back home with him to start her new life. You’ll have to watch to see what happens next. 

To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before (the first and second)

If you haven’t seen these movies yet, I don’t know what you’re doing with your life! These movies are about a teenage girl named Lara Jean who has written letters to the five boys she has loved before. She never planned on mailing them, but her sister goes behind her back and mails them. Now, all of the boys know how Lara feels. Who will she choose in the end? 

Falling Inn Love

This movie is one of my new favorite rom-com. Not only because Christina Milian is the main actress but because it is set in New Zealand. The movie has beautiful scenery and beautiful actors as well! The movie follows the story of a young woman who wins the opportunity to flip a beautiful Inn in New Zealand. She leaves her job in San Francisco and tackles the job of completely flipping a house while adjusting to her new life. This is a must-watch if you like rom-coms.

Spenser Confidential

Any movie with Mark Wahlberg is always a hit! This movie is suspenseful, action-packed and hilarious all around. It stars amazing actors alongside Wahlberg such as Iliza Shlesinger, Alan Arkin, Post Malone, Winston Duke, etc. In this movie, Wahlberg plays an ex-cop who just got out of jail and is trying to solve a murder mystery. This is my favorite Netflix Original by far!

Someone Great

Cheers to the perfect girls’ night movie! Not only is this movie the reason why the hit song Truth Hurts became a women’s anthem but it also takes us through the hardships of breakup and loving yourself. Gina Rodriguez, Brittany Snow and DeWanda Wise play three best friends who help each other through hard times, who have dance parties, who cry together and who make sure that each other are happy.

My name is Marlee Brummer and I am currently a sophomore at Clemson University studying women's leadership. I am from Hilton Head Island, SC and in my spare time I like to listen to music, journal, go on walks, and spend time with friends!
Mayme Medlock is a junior at Clemson University, studying political science with an emphasis in international relations. In her free time, you'll find her chasing cute dogs, talking about studying abroad in the Balkans, watching copious amounts of Netflix, and putting people at ease when they question her name's pronunciation (May-m, not May-me).