Miranda Risser ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.
Miranda Risser is a sophomore Psychology major from Charlotte, NC!

1) Why you chose Clemson University

I chose Clemson because I fell in love with the campus and how happy everyone seemed. I wanted to be a part of a community where everyone was enthusiastic and alive with school spirit. I have yet to meet someone at Clemson who doesn’t bleed orange!

2) Favorite thing about writing for Her Campus Clemson

Writing for HerCampus gives you creative freedom that writing for other sites might not. It’s also an incredibly healthy and artistic outlet

3)  What else are you involved in on campus?

I’m a part of Greek life in Sigma Kappa, a member of the Calhoun Honors College, and also am involved with the Wellness LLC.

4)  Favorite dorm/ apartment décor?

I like to keep my space neutral- it keeps my headspace clear. My room is mostly whites, light grey, and blues. Its a good space to come back to and relax in at the end of a busy day! Keeping flowers or a plant in the room also makes the space feel more calming.

5)  What do you do in your free time?

I stay pretty active. I love doing yoga, hiking, photography, reading, writing, going to farmers markets, and taking day-trips to Greenville with my roommates! I’m the biggest psych nerd you’ll ever meet so I watch a lot of TedTalks about psychology and look up corny psych jokes. 

6) Celebrity crush?

Heath Ledger’s character in 10 Things I Hate About You. It’s probably been 10 years since I first watched that movie, and I’m still waiting for someone to sing me a Frankie Valli song through the school intercom system. 

7) Favorite Clemson tradition?

I still laugh whenever I see someone steal a brick from the Union. Go Tigers.

8)  Ideal/best first date you have been on?

The best date I’ve ever been on was definitely going to a live music show, getting pizza afterwards, and telling each other stupid jokes. The more casual, the better. 

9)  What do you want to do in your career?

I’d love to continue writing throughout my career, but my plan is to get my PhD in Clinical Psychology and go on to start my own practice! 

10)  Current favorite fashion trend?

The 70’s have been coming back in, and I love anything with a distinctly vintage flair. Mostly, I’ve been really into suede coming back in! I’m looking for a camel suede skirt or a suede jacket.  

11)  If you have studied abroad where did you go and what was your favorite thing about it?

I haven’t studied abroad yet (I want to!) but I lived with a friend in Germany for a month when I was 16. People tend to think that Germans have very serious personalities, but everyone I met was welcoming, amicable, and outgoing. It was one of the best learning experiences of my life, and I definitely want to go back if I get the chance!

12) What is the most fun thing you have done since being back at school?

My roommates and I recently went to Greenville to grab dinner walk around downtown. Greenville is awesome because it has a city feel with a southern flair.
Junior Psychology major, English minor // I love hot yoga, mint tea, and waving at dogs // My cat and I are the real life Mia Thermopolis and Fat Louis
Hey! My name's Liz and I'm a Sigma Kappa at Clemson University! I love my school more than anything in the world and love sharing that with y'all!!