Lydia Gerstenberger ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

Major/Year: Freshman Language and International Trade -German

Hometown: Aiken, SC

Why you chose Clemson University

Clemson has a good German program, and the scenery around here is gorgeous.  I like that it is in the middle of nowhere.  

Favorite thing about writing for Her Campus Clemson

It gives me a chance to practice my writing and write about topics that I care about and find important.

What else are you involved in on campus?

I am in the German Club

Favorite dorm/ apartment décor?

I wrote quotes on colorful pieces of paper and have hung them on my wall.  They inspire me every day.

What do you do in your free time?

I like to read and write short stories.

Celebrity crush:

Channing Tatum

Ideal/best first date you have been on

The best first date I have been on is when I went to a Christmas Party for my church with my boyfriend.  We had to dress up, but we got to just chill with my friends from my youth group, play pool, and let the adults serve us dinner.

What do you want to do in your career?

I want to own my own dog company and train dogs for government and police contracts.

If you have studied abroad where did you go and what was your favorite thing about it?

I have not officially studied abroad, but I participated in an exchange program at my high school.  I spent two weeks in München and one week in Nürnberg.  My favorite part of Germany is how green it is, how much cleaner the cities are, and how you can get anywhere on the train!

What did you do for Spring Break?

I went home for Spring Break to spend time with my family and help my dad with his dog trials.

Any other interesting stuff you want mentioned!

My favorite/lucky number is 13 because I was born on a Friday the 13th!

I was born and raised in South Carolina. I have an older sister and brother, and a younger sister as well. I have four dogs, three dachshunds and a German Sheperd. My hobbies including reading, writing, listening to music, and playing piano. I am a Language and International Trade German major. Besides having been to Canada, I have also been to Australia and Germany.
Hey! My name's Liz and I'm a Sigma Kappa at Clemson University! I love my school more than anything in the world and love sharing that with y'all!!