First Friday Recap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

It’s that time of year again y’all! First Friday… which only meant one thing: first HOME football game in the Valley! To enhance Clemson’s already impeccable school spirit, the First Friday parade is always readily anticipated, and this year was no different. The parade took place on Friday, September 7th and began at 6 p.m. If you’re new to campus and not sure how Clemson rolls, First Friday will put things into complete perspective for you. The parade began at the intersection near the President’s Home and continued down S.C. 93. All sororities participate and design a float for this event, along with over 50 other organizations, such as cheerleaders and Rally Cats, Tiger Band, and Miss First Friday contestants! The theme of this year’s First Friday was “Time Honored Traditions,” and whether you’ve been at Clemson for a day or for a year, you know that CU is all about traditions! This theme highlights Clemson’s extraordinary history and culture. Immediately following the parade, there was a pep rally on Riggs Field before the men’s soccer game against Wake Forest. Hopefully everyone stayed for the game to cheer on our fellow Tigers! During the pep rally, the winners of the float and Miss First Friday competition were announced. Congratulations to Kristi Antunes of Alpha Delta Pi for becoming Clemson’s 2012 Miss First Friday! This was truly an event that no one wanted to miss and will inevitably get you even more pumped to be entering the gates of Memorial Stadium on Saturday afternoons for some Tiger football! 

Image Source

Paige is a senior at Clemson University majoring in communication studies and minoring in business and technical writing. Hailing from Northern Virginia, she is the campus correspondent and founder of Her Campus Clemson, as well as VP of membership programming for her sorority, Alpha Chi Omega, and a contributing writer for The Tiger. She loves writing and photography, and after studying abroad in France this summer, she hopes to someday be a photographer and writer for a travel magazine. She has a strong passion (obsession) for social media, and when she's not tweeting or Facebook stalking, you can find her watching Criminal Minds and Glee, inhaling Chipotle burritos, jamming out to swing music, or shopping for new gameday outfits. GO TIGERS!