Finals Survival Kit

Hello, students!  

Finals week is quickly making its way here, which I’m sure we are all thrilled about.  I decided to put together a little list of items for a finals week survival kit. Whether you want to keep it for yourself or gift it to your bestie, it is sure to make the most stressful week of the semester a little bit better!

1. Candy – Although it’s important to fuel your brain with healthy foods during finals week, a little bit of candy won’t hurt and will make your time studying a little sweeter.  

2. Advil – Starting at a book or a laptop all day can bring about lots of painful headaches, so at least for me, Advil is a necessity when I’m stuck in the library for hours at a time.

3. Starbucks Gift Card – We all find ourselves consuming caffeine in excess during finals week!  

4. Granola Bars – Granola bars are good brain food because they curb your hunger and contain lots of nutritious ingredients.  If you have these stocked up during finals week, you’re less likely to reach for foods high in salt and sugar.  

5. Pencils/pens/highlighters – It’s a no-brainer that you’ll need school supplies during finals week.  

6. Index Cards – I go through these like water when I have several exams coming up, so I always need several packs ready to go for finals.  

7. Emergen-C – Finals week is undoubtedly the worst time to get sick, so we want to be as proactive as possible.  

8. Fuzzy Socks – Comfort is another key player in the studying game.  The library can get super cold. Plus, what’s better than a cute pair of fuzzy socks?  

9. Mint Gum – Mint gum is known to help people focus. I don’t know about you, but I tend to have trouble focusing at the times where I need to focus the most.