Clemson’s New Oyster Bar! Palmetto’s Smokehouse & Oyster Bar

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

The new phrase being heard around Clemson, “wait we have an oyster bar?!”  Yep girls that’s right. Located to the left of TDs right next to fast point is Clemson’s very own Palmetto’s Smokehouse & Oyster Bar.  I had the chance to drop by and couldn’t help but love what they’ve done with the location. The main walk room is now made into a bar where they serve anything from wine, beer, to your mixed drink of choice.

Palmetto’s does a great job of encompassing everything South Carolina: from their menu, to décor, and even their people! It is a truly “Clemson” family owned and run restaurant- you can even see people inspired menu items!  And as an added bonus, all of their food is purchased from South Carolina venders, all fresh and locally grown veggies. And Palmetto is Going Green- everything they serve on or with is waste neutral.

We asked the staff if they could put together their favorite meal together with their menu items, this is what they came up with:

Appetizers:

Cajun Brochetteschicken breast, cream cheese, jalapeno, and onion wrapped in bacon then fire grilled.

Signature Dish:

Mrs. M’s Shrimp N GritsCharleston style grits smothered with shrimp, Andouille sauce, and sautéed peppers and onions.

Upstate Inspired Dishes:

Beef Brisketslices of hickory smoked brisket with their special sauce

Low Country Inspired:

Oyster Poboylightly fried and seasoned oysters, lettuce, tomato, and mayo

Midlands:

Chicken Saladhickory smoked chicken, onion, celery, mayo, served on Wheatberry bread with lettuce and tomato

Farmlands:

Grilled Caesar Chicken Salad- grilled romaine lettuce topped with smoked chicken, Parmesan cheese, Caesar dressing, and croutons

Desserts:

Iron Skillet Apple Cherry Cobbler

Side:

Baked Mac & Cheese

* Plus they always recommend their Oysters! Get them Fried, Raw, Steamed, or as the staff prefers them, Fire Grilled & their Jambalaya is served straight New Orleans Style!

Palmettos have given Her Campus Clemson the opportunity to help our readers out! If you mention the word SHOB you receive 10% off your next meal Valid from 2/27/13 to 3/7/13

Make sure to like them on Facebook, Twitter, and check out their website!

Can’t wait to see you all there!