The Best Bob’s Burgers Valentine’s Day Episodes Ranked

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

It’s that time of year again – love is blooming, candy is abundant, and couples are preparing annoying adorable Instagram captions. Valentine’s Day is upon us, and whether you celebrate Valentine’s Day or the candy discounts of February 15th, it’s time to get festive. And what’s more millennial than watching Hulu to get in the holiday spirit?

As a self-proclaimed Bob’s Burgers expert, I’ve ranked all the Valentine’s Day specials available on Hulu, so grab some candy, put on some PJs, and get watching!

1. “V for Valentine-detta” – Season 8

“After a rough breakup on Valentine’s Day, the Belcher women have a limo girls’ night out to make Tina feel better; Bob and Gene have a trapeze experience that brings them closer.”

Is there anything better than a Belcher Girl’s night out with a fun limo driver plotting their revenge on Jimmy Jr.? No, obviously, that is the best thing that could ever happen. This episode is Emmy-nominated for a reason, and from father-son bonding to Tina’s signature monologues about girls supporting girls, it’s my favorite Bob’s Burgers Valentine’s episode.

Girl power on 16!

2. “Bob Actually” – Season 7

“With Valentine’s Day approaching, Tina, Gene and Louise each find themselves wrapped up in love-caused chaos. Meanwhile, Bob decides on a romantic gesture in order to impress Linda.”

In this episode, the members of the Belcher family each have their own unique experiences with love, and the result is so incredible that it won a Primetime Emmy Award. Though Bob and Linda are #couplegoals, as always, the kids’ experiences are truly captivating – especially Louise. It almost pains me to put this episode as second when it’s so good, but we can’t all be number one, right?

3. “The Gene and Courtney Show” – Season 6

“Gene and Courtney get their big break when they are asked to be the new hosts of the morning announcements, but their romantic history threatens to get in the way.

This is the perfect Valentine’s Day episode for those not-so-happy Valentine’s Day. If you’re anything like Tina and Gene, your Valentine’s Day (and maybe your love life as a whole) turned out pretty disappointing this year, but don’t give up. If the Belchers teach you anything during this episode, it’s that a new perspective can change everything.

4. “Can’t Buy Me Math” – Season 5

“Tina teams up with Darryl to win the Cupid’s Couple contest at the school dance. Meanwhile, Linda plans a full week of ambitious Valentine’s Day activities for her and Bob.”

If you enjoy 1987’s Can’t Buy Me Love and Bob’s Burgers, prepare yourself for the perfect mash-up! Tina and Darryl’s relationship is “adorkable,” even if it is fake. Plus, Bob’s Magic Mike performance is unforgettable.  

5. “My Fuzzy Valentine” – Season 3

“When a heart-shaped pancake simply doesn’t cut it, the kids convince Bob to let them skip school in order to help him find a Valentine’s Day gift that will ‘wow’ Linda.”

“My Fuzzy Valentine” is an adventure for love and features some iconic Linda vocals. All of your favorite recurring characters return for Linda’s speed dating, and I’m still torn on if you should tell the best things about yourself or the worst. Though this is one of my lowest ranked episodes, it’s still super fun and sweet.

6. “Bed, Bob, and Beyond” – Season 9

A Valentine’s Day fight between Bob and Linda has the kids feeling confused; Tina, Louise and Gene tell their own story as a distraction from awkward tension.”

This episode features the best movie you’ll never see as the kids write their own ending to a rom-com, and the result is a cute episode centering on the big question, “do you love your significant other more than this fight?” Sometimes, you must wave the white flag and apologize, even if you think they should apologize first.

Honorable Mention: Sexy Dance Fighting

“When Tina develops a crush on the new martial arts instructor in town, she joins the class and ends up shirking her responsibilities at the restaurant. Bob finds out what’s going on and decides to take matters into his own hands.”

Though this episode makes no mention of Valentine’s Day, it deserves mention. The fourth episode of the series, it aired on February 13th, 2011, and centers on Tina’s crush on Jairo, the capoeira headmaster. It’s full of awkward teen crushes and family bonding, and what’s more festive than that?

Mayme Medlock is a junior at Clemson University, studying political science with an emphasis in international relations. In her free time, you'll find her chasing cute dogs, talking about studying abroad in the Balkans, watching copious amounts of Netflix, and putting people at ease when they question her name's pronunciation (May-m, not May-me).
Kate Freed

Clemson '21

Hi! My name is Kate Freed and I'm from Raleigh, NC. I'm a sophomore Communication major at Clemson University. I love all things fitness, food, and fashion. I teach kickboxing and barre and am passionate about motivating others to be their best selves.