Asylums, Ghosts, and the Crazies, Oh My! Why American Horror Story is the Best Show on Television.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

Sick of reality shows and plot-less TV dramas? Well have no fear, actually, maybe have a lot of fear, because Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk, the guys behind Glee (yes, the happy-go-lucky Glee) have created and produced one of the most groundbreaking shows on television. American Horror Story is a horror-drama filled with infidelity, ghosts, the criminally insane, and possessions.

American Horror Story is the best show on television. Why?

1. It always keeps you on the edge of your seat. Honestly…I’ve fallen off my couch when something popped out.
  2. Girls, this is a show that your boyfriend will actually watch with you.
  3. It combines murders, nuns, and aliens, and it does it well. That’s practically unheard of.
  4. They have some unbelievable make-up artists. One of the most extraordinary examples is of actress Naomi Grossman and her character, Pepper. We kid you not, that is the same person. 
  5. It has a very attractive cast. Not only is Channing Tatum’s wife one of the show’s stars, one of the hottest men in music, Adam Levine, plays her love interest. Plus, Evan Peters returns from the first installment of AHS as a possible serial killer (don’t worry, he’s still super attractive) and Zachary Quinto plays the show’s relatively sane psychiatrist. 
  6. The nuns are corrupted. Where else can you see that?!
  7. The doctor does some insane medical operations. This is not you’re basic Grey’s Anatomy episode.
  8. The back-stories behind the asylum patients are so unpredictable. You are always left guessing and completely surprised.

Afraid? Intrigued? Well you should be. Tune into American Horror Story on Wednesdays at 10pm on FX to see for yourself and let us know what you think in the comments below!

Photo Sources: Imdb.com, Facebook.com, m.4tnz.com, examiner.com

I am a Junior at Clemson University majoring in Communication Studies and minoring in Media Studies. I am from right outside the nation's capital, in Bethesda, MD and I love the good ol' USA. I serve as VP Public Relations and Marketing for my sorority, Alpha Chi Omega, as well as the Social Chair for the Women's Club Lacrosse Team. After realizing I tend to give my own play-by-play to every sporting event, I hope have a career in Sports Broadcasting or Sports Journalism. Oh, did I mention...I love smiling, smiling's my favorite. Don't think you can get through one conversation with me without hearing one of my famous puns. My interests range from my obsession with Andy Samberg and Saturday Night Live, to scary movies, the Philadelphia Eagles and the Clemson Tigers, and spending time with my huge Irish and Italian family. Hopefully you'll see me reporting from the sideline for the NFL someday!