This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

At last, fall is upon us!  Between football season, Halloween, Thanksgiving, cozy sweaters, and seasonal foods/drinks, I struggle to fathom how anyone could prefer a different time of year.  There are so many activities that we do every year, and while tradition is great, it’s also fun to brainstorm some new ones. Here are some examples.  

1. Make Apple Cider

Yes, it’s a traditional fall favorite, but have you ever tried to make it?  There are plenty of recipes online, and you can use your freshly picked apples.  

2. Play Backyard Football 

Find a few friends and some grass, and have some fun.  Some of my best memories from my childhood involve playing football in the yard with my brothers, especially with all the leaves on the ground in the fall.

3. Try a New Pumpkin Recipe  

Trust me, I am the biggest pumpkin pie lover of them all.  But sometimes I wonder what else I could do with my favorite seasonal ingredient.  I can’t wait to surf Pinterest to find some cool options, maybe even something savory.  

4. Have a Fall Photoshoot

Gather your girl gang, get all dolled up, dress up in some cute fall sweaters, and take photos of each other.

5. Volunteer at a Food Pantry 

At a time of the year when we reflect on what we’re thankful for, I believe it’s important to reach out to those less fortunate.  Some families don’t have the luxury of a Thanksgiving dinner, which is something I think most of us take for granted.

6. Go Through Summer Clothes

We have to free up closet room for all of our jackets and chunky sweaters!  You can also donate what you aren’t going to wear anymore.

7. Burn Some New Candles

Pumpkin scented things are one of my favorite parts of the season.  I love to upgrade my candles to seasonal scents to make my whole apartment scream fall.  

Hannah Fanset

Clemson '21

Hi, Everyone! I'm Hannah Fanset. I'm a sophomore from Rochester, NY, and I'm majoring in psychology and management. My favorite things are books, movies, traveling, eating good food and laughing way too loud.