This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

Listening to music while I am completing a task helps me feel more productive and makes the process a lot faster. I love listening to acoustic or Lofi music, there are many playlists on Spotify you can check out. There is also Lofi-Hip Hop music if you are looking for something calming with some rhythm to it. 

My top two favorite songs right now are:

-Night Trouble by Petit Biscuit.       If I could pick any song to play in the background of my daily life it would be this song. Wow, I am in love with the way each beat in the middle of the song tugs at my heart. The best way I could describe it would be ‘I am sitting at a mountain top out West and as the sun is setting after a long day, I finished all of my tasks, I am at peace. The song holds so much emotion even without words!

-When the leaves come falling down by J’San      This song makes any listener feel as though they are in the middle of the song. That might not make sense right now but listen to it and think again. The background commotion is very fitting, the perfect song for a study session at a busy coffee shop. There are some water sounds, birds, conversation, and amazing instruments playing harmoniously. 

I recommend making a study playlist for yourself, it does not have to be for school work but just in general when you are cleaning your house, room, etc. You will notice you are getting things done and the more you listen to the playlist,  you will know what the next song will be. With this information, you can make it a test of some sort where you plan to finish your task before the playlist ends. 

Joy is a senior at Clark University majoring in Management on a data analytics and marketing track with a minor in Community Youth and Education Studies. She loves going on road trips and spending time with family and friends. She enjoys trying various cultural cuisines (Indian food is her favorite **Chicken saag with a side of naan please**) and has an obsession with going to Morocco.