Senior Series: Melanie Rocco!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

This week we sat down with Clark senior, Melanie Rocco!

Name: Melanie Rocco

Hometown: Carlisle, Massachusetts

Major: Psychology

Favorite Professor at Clark: Abbie Goldberg.

Favorite Class at Clark: Psychology of Sexual Orientation taught by Professor Goldberg (obviously.) Incredibly well-taught and there wasn’t a day in class where I didn’t find the topic at-hand both fascinating and extremely relevant to the world we live in today.

Favorite Spot to Study on Campus and Why: Any table by Jazzman’s. I can’t effectively study without knowing there’s a good cup of coffee close by.

Favorite Bistro Snack: Does a chicken patty burger with fries count as a snack?

What has been your favorite thing about going to school at Clark? I feel like there’s so much “opportunity” at Clark. Whether you’re looking to get involved, meet new people, or potential future jobs, I feel like there are so many resources and outlets available. In saying that, I guess I’m realizing I have two favorite things, the second being relationships with professors. Professors always make the effort to be super accessible to their students, and are definitely connections worth making.

What will you miss most about Clark? The community! There’s always something here for everyone and I love that. Overall, there’s a welcoming and kind environment fostered by Clark students. Been here four years and I’m still meeting some pretty awesome people everyday.

What clubs and activities were you involved with on campus? I wish I was more involved; it wasn’t until senior year that I really started to branch out and see what Clark truly has to offer. So I can’t say much, but I always try to attend as much as I can. ​My personal favorite: Sex-Toy Bingo. It’s a great combination of competition (yes, I’m one of the few who pathetically take bingo VERY seriously), fun, and education/awareness about healthy sexuality. Definitely something to add to your calendar.

What are your best words of wisdom for underclassmen? Not sure how wise I am and in an effort to NOT be cliché, I’m going to keep it simple. Definitely invest in a good coat; in case you haven’t noticed, Worcester weather kind of sucks sometimes.

What are your plans post-graduation? Gap-year before (hopefully) attending UCLA to (again, hopefully) receive my Masters in Social Work!

Thanks, Mel!

Ciara is a student at Clark studying Political Science as well as Cultural Studies & Communication. She spends her time running around between classes, working at both the Campus Store and Annie's Clark Brunch and trying to figure out what to do with her life after she graduates this May. When Ciara is not juggling her busy schedule, she enjoys spending time with her friends and family, binge-watching Netflix (specifically The Office) and reminiscing her semester abroad in Ireland. Her favorite color is green and her guilty pleasure TV shows are The Bachelor and Dance Moms. Ciara is thrilled to be a Campus Correspondent alongside one of her best friends, Kelly Rourke! Be sure to follow her daily shenanigans via Twitter and Instagram @ckils23 HCxo