Senior Series: Ciara Kilian

Our Co-Campus Correspondent and Senior, Ciara Kilian, talks to us today about her advice for underclassmen and favorite parts of Clark.

Name: Ciara Kilian

Hometown: Stamford, Connecticut

Major: Political Science/ Cultural Studies and Communication

Favorite Professor at Clark: Michael Butler

Favorite Class at Clark: Human Rights and International Politics

Favorite Spot to Study on Campus and Why: The tables overlooking Bullock on the second floor of the library

Favorite Bistro Snack: Pizzaritas. Always.

What has been your favorite thing about going to school at Clark? The endless opportunities to pursue your own interests. It’s reassuring when professors not only know who you are, but actively try to help you apply for research opportunities, internships, scholarships, etc.

What will you miss most about Clark? Being constantly surrounded by my friends

What clubs and activities were you involved with on campus? Field hockey, SAAC, Her Campus Clark, NRHH, and SAB

What are your best words of wisdom for underclassmen? Don’t doubt your abilities or second guess yourself. Some of the best decisions I’ve ever made came instinctively. Also, on an unrelated note, if you're thinking about studying abroad definitely look into it. It was a highlight of my college experience because I learned so much about other cultures and myself while also getting work experience. World perspective is so important and going abroad for a semester is a perfect way to get it!

What are your plans post-graduation? I’ll be sticking around Worcester for one more year doing the Fifth Year Master’s program in Public Administration!

Thanks, Ciara!