This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

The stress of finals will soon be over because summer is almost here! Here are some ideas on how to make this summer the best yet.

Plan a road trip!

Gather a group of friends or just yourself and start driving. If you are someone who loves organization and having a plan, then pick a destination. Some places are Cape Cod, Vermont, Maine, Florida, California, Texas, Mexico, and so many more. If you are worried about lodging, book an Airbnb to stay in. You could make this road-trip as long or as short as you would like. Make sure to pack food, a first aid kit, an extra tire, and any other essentials.

Get an internship!

If you are looking for more experience in your intended major, you might want to look into an internship. The usual time to start applying for internships for the summer is around winter time. Do not be afraid to call companies or search the web for any companies which may still be looking for interns. Check your university’s opportunities page, Internships.com, LinkedIn, etc. You may even land a PAID internship!

Get a job!

Working does not have to be miserable in the summer. You can apply for an outdoor job at a theme park, zoo or campsite. Scooping ice cream at a parlor may be an adventure, try it! No matter where you end up working, try to find the fun in it, whether it be with your co-workers or the job itself. Get that money!

Travel!

Go on google chrome, put your tab in incognito, and type “flights from (home airport),” and see what happens. Groupon is a great place to find amazing vacation packages. Going on a vacation does not have to be expensive, trips to Mexico, Bahamas, South America, etc can be relatively “cheap”. Start saving up your change, in no time you will be relaxing by the ocean and the palm trees.

Set A Goal!

Make a list of five things you want to accomplish this summer. Make it your life’s mission to check all of them off your list come the end of summer. It could be that you want to lose weight, write a book and self publish it (it is free to do so on Amazon btw), create a website, get your license, visit a friend in another state, etc. Whatever it is, you can do it!

Have a great and safe summer!

Joy is a senior at Clark University majoring in Management on a data analytics and marketing track with a minor in Community Youth and Education Studies. She loves going on road trips and spending time with family and friends. She enjoys trying various cultural cuisines (Indian food is her favorite **Chicken saag with a side of naan please**) and has an obsession with going to Morocco.
Monica Sager is a freelance writer from Clark University, where she is pursuing a double major in psychology and self-designed journalism with a minor in English. She wants to become an investigative journalist to combat and highlight humanitarian issues. Monica has previously been published in The Pottstown Mercury, The Week UK, Worcester Telegram and Gazette and even The Boston Globe. Read more of Monica’s previous work on her Twitter @MonicaSager3.