Life > Experiences

How to Have the Best Galentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

Maybe you’re not cuffed this Valentines Day season. But honestly, it doesn’t really matter. You can have a fantastic Valentines Day all on your own or with your best friends. Here’s a variety of ideas for you to make the day perfect. 

1. Go out for drinks and dinner with your girls. Dress up in your best outfit and drink some margaritas. Take pictures and enjoy the night. 

2. Go on a museum date with your best friends. Explore the fantastic art and culture that your city offers you. The Worcester Art Museum has a fantastic photography exhibition. Currently, you can go see the Photo Revolution: Andy Warhol to Cindy Sherman. The MFA in Boston currently has a Black Histories, Black Futures exhibition curated by teen artists. 

3. Do a face mask, take a bath (maybe get a bath bomb), and use your favorite body scrub. Drink some wine and watch a movie or watch your favorite Tik Toks. 

4. Go get your nails done. If you’re feeling like spending a little bit more, treat yourself to a fresh set of nails. Do this by yourself or with your friends. 

5. Delete him or her from all your social media and set your boundaries. You’ll feel better from this in the long run.

Galentine’s Day is all about focusing on your important friendships and remembering that romantic relationships aren’t the end all be all. 

Olga is a senior at Clark University studying psychology and marketing. She's got a serious coffee addiction and a passion for writing.