This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

I think we could all agree that 2020 has been rough. Events and celebrations have all been affected, and this includes Halloween. However, just because we can’t freely go out and about and have large gatherings or parties, it doesn’t mean we still can’t enjoy this holiday.

Now that it is almost October, here are three ways that you can safely plan to celebrate:

Have a scary movie marathon.

Nothing gets you more into the Halloween mood than watching some scary and thrilling movies. You can do this with your roommates or a couple of close friends on campus, of course, while also following the guidelines set by your school. Another option is to have a Netflix party and virtually watch movies with some friends and family no matter where you are. Either way, it will be so much fun!

Decorate around your living space.

Decorating for Halloween can be fun and exciting. It allows you to be creative while having fun. You can do this with your roommate or maybe even some close friends. To make it even more enjoyable, you can even do some pumpkin carving!

Treat yourself to some sweets.

Halloween is that one time of year where I indulge myself into an overload of sweet treats, and I don’t plan to make this year any different! So, I highly recommend treating yourself by safely going out to buy some candy and chocolate. Or if you’re up for it baking, some Halloween themed pastries can make it even more enjoyable too!

These are just some of the things that I am thinking about doing for this Halloween. No matter what you decide to do, the most important thing is to stay safe, be creative, and, most importantly, have fun! Just because you may not get to celebrate it like usual doesn’t mean you can’t make the most of it.

Michelle is currently majoring in Management with a concentration in Marketing. She loves to travel and hopes to one day take a dip into marketing world.
Joy is a senior at Clark University majoring in Management on a data analytics and marketing track with a minor in Community Youth and Education Studies. She loves going on road trips and spending time with family and friends. She enjoys trying various cultural cuisines (Indian food is her favorite **Chicken saag with a side of naan please**) and has an obsession with going to Morocco.