Hello again seniors! Clark University has finally posted our commencement information! The link here (http://www.clarku.edu/information-all-senior-babs-degree-candidates) has a ton of information, and it is a little bit overwhelming, so we have broken down what you need to know below. Also included are tid-bits of information to be aware of that the university doesn’t necessarily publish, but is important to your ability to graduate.
The Ceremony: Sunday May 21st, 12 noon. Seniors must be in the Kneller BY 11:30am sharp.
- Takes about 2 hours (likely over two hours, not under 2 hours)
- Family can park in any of the parking garages or on the streets
- Make sure to let your parents know that they cannot run up to the stage and get your picture as you walk; this is chaotic and blocks the views for others.
- Indoor seating available in Atwood
- Contact physical plant for seating for physically challenged family or friends, and Adam Kosakowski if you need special seating accommodations.
- Commencement is livestreamed
Graduation Clearance: If you turned in this form to the registrar, and have not gotten it back, you will want to check holds on your account and contact the registration as soon as possible.
Petition to Walk: While it depends on personal situations, some students do have the ability to walk at graduation (go on stage, wear cap and gown) even if they are a unit or two behind. There is a form (petition) to fill out to be able to walk even if you are not receiving your diploma in May.
Green Forms: You should have received this form in your mailbox and already turned it into the registrar. It asks for the name you want on your diploma, and pronunciation of your name. Contact the registrar if you have not received this form and you think you should have. An email also went out about this form from the university.
Loan Interview: “All students who received federally funded or Clark institutional loans to finance their education must complete an online exit interview. These are mandatory, and diplomas of students who do not complete online exit interviews may be withheld. You will be notified in March about the exit interview process.” So once you get this email about the interview, DON’T IGNORE IT!
Senior Survey: Will be emailed, takes about ten minutes, and believed to be mandatory. So also don’t ignore this email.
Graduation Announcements: You will receive 5 for free in your mailbox, and can get more from the Dean of Students on a first-come-first-serve basis. These are not tickets for graduation, as we do not use tickets for graduation (everyone is welcome), but just a nice way to inform family and friends of your accomplishments.
- If you’d like to prepare your own graduation announcements, you can search for online or local vendors who prepare custom invitations.
- Search the internet to find ideas like this! http://ohsobeautifulpaper.com/2016/04/galaxy-inspired-graduation-announcements/
All photos except the last are courtesy of Clark University’s 2016 Commencement Album on Facebook. The final picture was found on Pinterest.