Columbus Day Weekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

This is the first blog in a series that will cover fashion, culture, and relationship-related topics.  For this first blog, it’s going to be short, sweet, and simple.  I’ll be talking about the weather.  And long weekends.

For many first-years, Columbus Day Weekend is the first extended weekend that has presented itself during the academic year.  Consequently, this is the first chance that many of us have a chance to travel home and visit our families since starting college for the year.  However, even with a significant portion of the student body home (or so it feels- the green is vacant), it’s still a beautiful weekend.

Ladies, this may very well be your last chance to break out that cute sundress before storing it away for winter.  The weather forecast predicts temperatures around eighty degrees for the next few days, and we don’t have class Monday or Tuesday.  So, my suggestion?  Bring out that sundress, procrastinate for the weekend, and enjoy every glorious sunny moment of your extended break.

Don’t worry about procrastinating, either.  It’s way too beautiful to worry about work.  Besides, you have all day Monday and Tuesday to do that work.  It’s break- act like it.

Shock me like and electric eel- Turn me on with your electric feel.

A native of California, Caitlin is now a junior at Clark University in Massachusetts studying Psychology and Communications. She is the advertising manager as well as a contributing writer for her university's newspaper, and is involved in various other clubs as well. In addition, she works as a lifeguard and swim instructor. In her free time she enjoys going to sushi and Starbucks with her friends, listening to John Mayer, and swimming.