5 Spring Wardrobe Essentials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

The weather is finally starting to warm up which means that it’s time to clean out your closet and bring back your warm weather wardrobe! Every once in a while it’s good to take an inventory of your closet and determine what you can get rid of and what essentials you need to add in for the season. If your closet is missing the following 5 pieces, get to online shopping ASAP!

1. Long Sweater – Long sweaters are very “in” right now and luckily they’re super comfortable and versatile as well! They are perfect for the early days of spring when the air might still be a little chilly and you want to be warm and cozy without the heaviness of a winter sweater. Pair them with jeans and a cute top or even over a basic dress with booties and you’ll be good to go!

Image

2. Slip on Sneakers/Converse/Keds – Now that the snow is *finally* gone, you can stop wearing winter boots all the time! Make sure you have a nice pair of either slip on shoes, Converse or Keds to wear around campus this spring. All of these types of shoes are easy to throw on before class and can pretty much go with any type of outfit. Not to mention, they’re all super comfortable as well!

Image

3. Lightweight Vest – Gone are the days where you couldn’t leave the house without at least 3 layers of clothing on your body. Now that the sun is shining, ditch your winter coat and opt for a lightweight vest instead. Vests do a great job of providing just enough warmth to take the chill of the wind off and can be worn over pretty much anything. J. Crew Factory has a great selection of vests for spring and often have them on sale!

Image

4. Jean Jacket – Much like a vest, a jean jacket can be a good alternative to a full jacket in the spring. One of the best spring outfit combinations is a sundress with a pair of sneakers and a jean jacket. Just make sure you don’t mix it with too much denim and end up looking like this!

Image

5. Cute Baseball Cap – It’s a good idea to have a nice baseball cap on hand during all seasons to deal with bad hair days, but they can be especially nice in the spring. There are many options that have no branding on them which makes them more versatile and dressy than a cap with a team name or logo on it. This one from Draper James is made of lace and comes in white making it absolutely perfect for spring!

Image

What spring wardrobe essentials will you be adding to your closet, collegiettes?

Kelly is a student at Clark University pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Cultural Studies and Communications with a minor in Business Management. When Kelly is not in class, you can find her working in the Education Department at The Hanover Theatre, teaching Zumba classes and dancing her heart out with Clark University's Dance Society. Her favorite color is pink (especially Her Campus pink!) and she loves everything monogrammed. Kelly enjoys spending time with her friends, family, boyfriend, and two adorable cats. Kelly is thrilled to be a new Campus Correspondent alongside one of her best friends, Ciara Kilian. Follow along with her on Instagram and Twitter @kellrour HCXO!