Meet the Dynamic Duo of the Anti Slut-Shaming Podcast

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clarion chapter.

Krystyna Hutchison and Corinne Fisher have taken their stand-up comedy to new heights with their podcast “Guys We F*****”, using successful marketing to draw in a wide range of listeners. Looking to gain steam on a new revolution of being sexually explorative individuals in today’s world, anything goes during an episode. The gals use their average hour and a half episodes to read emails from listeners on different situations they find themselves in, elaborate and give the listener advice, and bring guests on every show to interview and chat with. However; these aren’t every day issues like you will find in a cosmopolitan or seventeen magazine. They get down to the nitty gritty of sex, social issues, life, feminism, racism, sexism, homophobia, and that’s only the first fifteen minutes of a regular episode! The ladies hold nothing back, and read an array of emails from the listeners, and bring on a variety of guests each week. From problems in the workplace, to sexual abuse or orientation, every episode gives a listener a fresh perspective, and material to ponder on. Their guests vary from other comics, feminism and LGBTQ activists, playwrights, college graduates, to celebrities (Amber Rose makes an exciting appearance). No episode deems to disappoint, and can guarantee to teach the listener something new.

While both women started out pursuing their own stand-up and projects, the two helped each other through bad break ups and hard ships in life. Which led them to develop the “Guys We F*****” podcast, putting a spin on how you deal with the heap of junk life can throw at you, you laugh at it! Hutchison and Fisher have reached an incredibly large audience through the podcast, taking it beyond regular recordings with tours and taping live performances. The merging of the two open minds creates a funny, fresh, relating atmosphere, where the women never aim to persuade their audience, only to inform them. The duo also have a book in the works, “F*CKED-Being Sexually Explorative and Self-Confident in a World That’s Screwed”, set to hit the shelves October 24th. The gals have compiled the three running years of experience with the podcast into writing, and everything they have been taught by listeners from around the globe. Tune into new episodes uploaded every week on SoundCloud, Spotify, and YouTube. Hutchison and Fisher have charged a new revolution of self-confidence, sexual exploration, and using comedy to soothe our wounds.

If you research the Golden Ratio, you will find its model contains a a spiral, and a right angle. This represents the fluid, spiraling, creative female energy, and the curt, straight to the point male energy. I'm just trying to find the balance between the two. CU '18/ Odyssey Elite Content Creator and Columnist for the Clarion Call.