FWB Isn’t A Bad Thing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clarion chapter.

First off, I never thought I would have a friend with benefits, I would hear about people having them and judged hardcore until I came into the situation. My boyfriend of over two years broke up with me but we decided to stay friends. We would send our inappropriate snaps and texts like there was no difference. That’s when I came up with the idea. He was shocked but into it, we both said we thought we would never do this. We are so comfortable with each other and have done things we’ve never done before with anyone else and wouldn’t’t be able to now. We usually would hangout every weekend. At first, I didn’t want to have sex every time we would hang out at his house, but my tune changed quickly. It sounds weird, but the sex seems better than it was when we were together. It’s comforting to know you don’t have to worry about meeting someone new and being nervous. I thought about hooking up with other people and had the chance, but couldn’t do it. It was better for me and my circumstances to be with someone I was comfortable with. People say your exes are exes for a reason, but no one ever understands until they go through it. If you have the opportunity to have one, take it. It is definitely a great decision and I doubt you will regret it. My ex is my friend with benefits and it’s perfectly okay with me.