Clarion Senior Cassidy Shaffer Remembers Memories on Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clarion chapter.

Clarion University allows students to become courageous and confident in everything they do. One of the students who has learned what it means to be a successful Clarion University student is senior Cassidy Shaffer. Cassidy is a double major in finance and real estate with a minor in marketing. She is the president of Rho Epsilon, a real estate club on campus. Cassidy has plans to graduate in May with her Bachelors Degree from the College of Business Administration and Information Sciences. After graduation, Cassidy plans on becoming a realtor or a residential appraiser.

In her free time, Cassidy enjoys going to the movie theater on campus and sitting with friends in the Gemmell food court. Some of her favorite memories of living on campus include having sleepovers in Nair Hall, cheering the Golden Eagles on during football games and enjoying Clarion’s Autumn Leaf Festival.

“I feel like ALF is a great way to get the students involved in the community”, Cassidy says. “It’s fun for all ages and is a nice way to bring everyone together.”

(Cassidy Shaffer-in the middle)

Cassidy chose to come to Clarion University because the town reminded her of her hometown, right outside Kittanning, PA. Clarion University campus and Main Street in Clarion helped Cassidy feel right at home during her first year of school.

After reminiscing about her time at Clarion University, Cassidy says she will miss the atmosphere of Clarion’s close-knit student body and the friends that she’s made.

“I’ve met some of the most amazing and talented people at Clarion, and I know I’ll be friends with them for life”, she says.

One of Cassidy’s favorite professors on campus is Dr. Jeff Eicher; he is a professor from the finance department at the College of Business at Clarion University. Cassidy would like to thank Dr. Eicher for teaching her and helping her on her road to success. Cassidy would also like to thank Dr. Jerry Belloit, advisor of the real estate club, for introducing her to the world of real estate and being wonderful academic advisor.

“Being at Clarion has changed me in so many ways,” Cassidy says. “I feel confident in what I do and I know what I am capable of doing, and I have all of my friends and professors to thank for that.”

Thumbnail Photo Credits: www.clarion.edu

Just your average 22-year-old who loves pizza and puppies and wants to make a difference in the world.