6 Reasons Why Masturbation Should be an Important Part of Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clarion chapter.

I know that we all are masturbating queens, or at least we should be. I can’t even remember how or when I started to masturbate, but I know that the feeling that it gave me was a great one! There are so many women that have never had a proper orgasm in their lives, and let me tell you… you are really missing out. Masturbation is an easy task to complete and let me tell you, it’s also very exciting.

Here are a few reasons why masturbation is a very important part of our lives:

1. Stress relief

Masturbation releases the “love hormone” called oxytocin. Oxytocin is known to be an anti-stress hormone. I am sure we are all stressful people, so there is a great reason why we should all masturbate!    

2. It helps you fall asleep

If you have difficulties sleeping, masturbation is a great solution. I know that after I masturbate I can certainly go for a nap!  

3. Orgasms, orgasms, orgasms!

Who doesn’t love orgasms? That is such a silly question… Masturbation and having an orgasm is one of the greatest feelings that the human body can feel.    

4. Great for when you’re bored

Are you bored? Why not masturbate. Masturbating is an exciting activity to do when you’re bored. Not only does it take up time, but in the end it makes you feel amazing!  

5. Great way to release sexual tension

Haven’t had sex in a while? Masturbating is a good solution. You don’t need another person to make you complete a great orgasm and feel amazing!    

6. Masturbating can help reduce menstrual pain

It is proven that masturbation can reduce menstrual pains. I know that every time I am on my period, my boyfriend always considers doing it to relieve my pain. 

P.S. Always have clean hands.