Tired of the Usual Make-Up? Let’s get Naked!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at City London chapter.

Everyone has a beauty secret. Mine is my favorite eye shadow palette, “Naked” by Urban Decay. I bought this product nearly one year ago now, and I still adore it. I have been following beauty gurus on YouTube and blogs for a long time, and this palette created a real BUZZ on the make-up planet. Everyone was talking about it, saying it was the new must-have, the product of the year, and so on. Usually, if lots of people are obsessed with something, I tend not to buy it (never trust the masses, they say).

But when I say it with my own eyes, I could not resist. The packaging is simple but attractive, and when I tried the colours I definitely fell in love. The pigmentation is perfect, they are so vibrant and intense! The selection of shades is just perfectly balanced for someone who likes going for neutral looks, but doesn’t say no to a smoky from time to time. 

The first half of the palette is composed of neutrals: ‘Virgin‘ is a light champagne colour perfect for highlighting, under the eyebrows and in the inner corner of the eyes. ‘Sin‘ has a pinkier tone, it reflects the light and gives an awake look. ‘Naked‘ is one of the matte colours of the palette. It’s perfect to put on the eye’s crease and to blend with other colors. ‘Sidecar‘ is definitely one of my favourites: it is between a light pink and taupy shimmery colour. Putting it on the eyelid, gives the same effect of water. So gorgeous! ‘Buck‘ is the second (and last= matte colour in the palette. It is similar to ‘Naked‘, but darker. ‘Half-backed‘ is a pure gold colour. Its pigmentation is particularly intense, and it’s fabolous put all over the lid for a night out!

Then the other half of the palette is more about dark shades, for some evening and smoky looks. ‘Smog‘ is a brown/bronze colour that looks great combined with a lighter shade. ‘Darkhorse‘ is a bit special: it is ashy with some hint of khaki in it. ‘Toasted‘ is one of my favorites too. It is a deep pink that matches very well the next shade, ‘Hustle‘. Put ‘Toasted’ all over the lid, and ‘Hustle’ on the outer-corner to give your look a bit of drama. This kind of mauvy color is also perfect for this season! ‘Creep‘ is a super deep color, between navy-blue and dark grey. ‘Gunmetal‘ is a mix between a deep blue and ashy-grey that goes really well with the previous one.

So yes, this palette is definitly a must-have. If you are looking for a good everyday selection of shadows, no matter what your eye colour is, ‘Naked’ is really for you. It is a quite expensive product, but really worth it… Not joking, I am using it every single day!

But what about you? What is your make-up must-have? Let us know in a comment!

Photos credis: the author