Why You Should Watch “The Circle” On Netfix

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

Chances are by now you’ve seen something about The Circle, Netflix’s new reality/game show that dropped January 1st. 

In case you haven’t but you want to know more, this article is for you!

The Circle is a really interesting show. 

The objective is to get the most likes and become an Influencer, or else you get blocked, which means you leave the show. 

The prize? $100,000. 

The catch? You can play as anyone you want, letting the various players have the chance to catfish the other members of the Circle. The players have no idea who’s really being honest and who’s lying. 

All of the players message each other through voice-activated televisions, receiving alerts for various things. Once a day, all of the players rate each other, and the top two rated people become Influencers, who have to decide who leaves the show that episode.

I watched this show with two of my friends, and we couldn’t stop watching. I had heard about it from Twitter, since it seemed like it was all everyone could talk about. For good reason.

Once you’re one episode into The Circle, you’ll want to see the rest.

I really liked most of the people. Of course there was drama, but I thought it was interesting that none of them could see each other and had to rely on their instincts to trust whoever they were talking to. There are private chats that the players could start, or they could all be in a Circle chat with all of the contestants. As the audience, you know what’s happening, which will sometimes make you forget that the people in the Circle don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes.

Overall, the Circle is worth watching. All episodes are now streaming on Netflix!

Hailey Semchee

Cincinnati '22

Hailey Semchee is a third-year English/Rhetoric and Professional Writing major at the University of Cincinnati. She loves being creative in any way possible as well as traveling, watching movies, or drinking a lot of tea. You can follow her on instagram @haileysemchee.
Emma Segrest

Cincinnati '22

Emma is a current Creative Writing and Journalism major at the University of Cincinnati and works as the Editorial Captain for Her Campus UC. When she is not writing she can be found reading Jane Austen or tending to her plants.