Thoughts “Stranger Things” Season 2 and Netflix’s Renewal of the Series

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

*Warning: Spoilers Ahead *

I have been anticipating the release of Stranger Things Season 2 for a long time, and finally, on Friday, October 27 at 2 am it was released! Of course, I binged the entire thing that weekend and was ready to chat about it at work the following Monday.

So. Many. Questions. However, I was much more pleased with the ending of this season. I was happy they showed all the main characters at the Snowball Dance with their respective “happy endings.” Word on the street is that Netflix has confirmed there will be 4 or 5 seasons! Personally, I find this news extremely exciting.

I checked out Reddit for various conversations and dialogues about Season 2. There are numerous theories, conspiracies, and opinions all on the season and characters — and I found it very entertaining to browse through.

First and foremost, I am #TeamSteve, but it appears as though Jonathan has successfully swept Nancy off her feet. It’s okay Steve; you certainly have your looks going for you!

One of the most painful parts of the season was watching Dustin hide Dert from his friends and family. Poor cat! However, glad they tied in grown-up Dert and his loyalty to Dustin in the last episode.

Another painful scene to watch was Will’s exorcism of the Shadow Monster. I was worried that Joyce was going to give in and release his chains, but she was strong, and I was so proud! I was extremely confused about the Shadow Monster. What exactly is it? We know it chose Will as host, but what is it? Hopefully, we learn in the following seasons!

After discussing with coworkers and friends, people were universally confused and disappointed with Episode 7, where Eleven travels to Chicago to find Eight. I thought the episode was slightly far-fetched, but I liked learning about Eleven’s powers and learning about Eight’s power. Eight’s power might be the most powerful in my opinion!

Overall, I was satisfied with Season 2 and the development of the main characters. Stranger Things is an excellent blend of thriller, action, and comedy. I like how the show appeals to nearly all audiences p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Helvetica; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000} span.s1 {font-kerning: none} —whether it be parents, students, young adults, children, anyone! I am eager to watch the later seasons! Anyone else with me?!

Thumbnail Image Source

Emma Komrska

Cincinnati

I am currently a Junior at the University of Cincinnati. In my free time, I love to explore new kinds of workouts, check out the latest trending shows on Netflix, & meet empowering women on/off campus. If you have any questions for me I would love to answer them at emmakomrska@gmail.com ENJF // "love does does not keep a record of wrongs"
Lauren Lewis

Cincinnati

Lauren Lewis is a fourth year at the University of Cincinnati double majoring in International Affairs and Creative Writing. When she's not on Pinterest fawning over recipes and crafts, she's drinking copious amounts of chai tea, finding the hidden treasures of Cincinnati, and shopping for inexpensive books at Good Will.