Meet HC Cincinnati’s Very Own: Ashleigh Pierce

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

Our campus celebrity this week is Her Campus Cincinnati’s very own, Ashleigh Pierce! She is currently one of two Campus Correspondents/Editors-in-Chief for HC Cincinnati. For Ashleigh to be just a second year here at UC, she is certainly creating a legacy by co-founding the Cincinnati chapter. We wanted to give our readers a quick peek into the vivacious life of Ash!

Name: Ashleigh Pierce

Age: 19

Year: Sophomore

Major: Journalism

Hometown: Florence, Kentucky (Florence Y’all… *face palm*)

Interests: History, reading, writing, spending time with my family

Her Campus: Why did you decide to help bring Her Campus to UC?

Ashleigh Pierce: When I first heard about Her Campus potentially coming to UC, I immediately thought what an amazing opportunity it would be for myself and others. As a journalism major, I was definitely looking for a creative outlet and HC has been exactly that. I think it’s a great community for college women to connect.

HC: Why do you love being a Campus Correspondent?

AP: It’s such a gift to have the opportunity to be apart of something alongside so many other amazing women. I’ve already made so many friends in one short semester. I also love reading everyone’s articles—I’m still blown away by how many talented writers we have on our team and all of the great ideas they have for Her Campus!

HC: Why should people join Her Campus?

AP: It’s a perfect, fun way to meet and connect with women (and men!) who share similar interests. It’s also a good way to explore opportunities and get out of your comfort zone. There are so many opportunities through Her Campus and it’s a great way to grow personally as well as professionally.

HC: Who inspires you most as a writer?

AP: This is kind of random answer, but as a writer in general (not a journalist), Margaret Mitchell, author of Gone With the Wind, has probably been my biggest inspiration. That was the first book that I truly fell in love with. I love her style of writing and the way she tells a story. It is still my favorite book to this day.

HC: Lastly, name three things you cannot live without.

AP: I hate to say it, but my phone is definitely one. I wish I could live without it. I hate how our generation is so dependent on technology, but I can’t say that I’ve exactly tried not to be glued to my phone. Music is another huge one. I love music of all kinds and I would definitely not make it through life without it. Last, I’d probably have to say my family. I’m so close to my mom and sister.

Campus Correspondent and founder of Her Campus Cincinnati. Tyasia is a 5th year Spanish & Marketing student (sadly!). Lover of all things plaid! When she's not sipping on margaritas or eating mangos, she's jet setting around the world (All time favorite place: Guatemala!) Tyasia plans to make New York City her home sweet home after graduation to pursue a International or Fashion PR career! Keep up with her on Twitter @tyjenksss
Ashleigh is a sophomore at the University of Cincinnati studying Journalism. She has a passion for writing, making people laugh, and random tokens of kindness. Born and raised in Kentucky, yet the furthest thing from a country girl! City life is the only life for her, and she is proud to call Cincinnati home.