This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

Are you into all things photography? Well, if you live in Cincinnati or even happen to drop by in the month of October you are in luck. Starting in 2012, a month long event called FotoFocus has taken place every two years and this coming October is the third. During this month, over 60 venues including some in Dayton and Columbus will be showcasing photography all based around this years theme, “The UnDocument.” The description of the theme is somewhat vague, but I think it is intentional.

To me, the theme speaks to the fact that photography can be whatever the photographer wants. Whether they’re taking photos to document something or to twist something, the possibilities are endless. This notion is really cool in my eyes and hopefully the artwork reflects this.

Of the 60 venues, three sites in Cincinnati will be showcasing artworks specifically curated for FotoFocus. This includes an artist, Roe Ethridge, who will be having his first solo U.S. exhibit during FotoFocus.

October 6 through the 9th there will be specific events including panels, artist talks and more to celebrate FotoFocus and the work put into it. 

Check out fotofocusbiennial.org for the full list of events and to see what peaks your interest.

Get out in Cincy and check out some amazing artists and photography!

Maddie Huggins is a fourth year student at the University of Cincinnati. Originally from Columbus, she quickly learned to swap out the OSU scarlet and grey for UC red and black. Maddie has loved writing since she was a little girl and is always down for a good time. She prides herself in being the world's best hugger.