This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

1. Rhinegeist Brewery – This old timey brewery is located downtown in the Over-the-Rhine area. It borders Findlay Market and is a common attraction for tourists and locals alike. It costs about $10 to tour and you don’t have to be 21 to tour or enter you just have to be 21 to drink (obviously). Its high ceilings and open architecture makes it the perfect place to hang out. I saw games of corn hole being played, and a few local restaurants place inside for a sort of ‘street style’ food venue on the side. If you are 21 this would be the perfect place to get some good beer and a quick bite! If not, just hang inside for the cool views & interesting wheat smell.

2. Fern plant store – okay its 2019, everyone likes plants. But the biggest question I’ve been faced with recently is where to buy these cool indoor plants I see on everyone’s Pinterest. Sometimes the Home Depot and other plant stores just don’t have what I’m looking for. I recently visited fern over in Norwood and they had just the right selection. Whether you are looking for a tiny succulent or a monster leaf plant this is the one stop shop. Not to mention how cute the set-up is and how nice the woman who greeted us there was!

3. City bird chicken – Listen, I don’t know who runs this joint but they know exactly what they are doing. Having a canes by campus is nice, but gets old super-fast. I love chicken but was tired of the same crinkle cut fries and unsalted battered chicken. So I looked up chicken strips near me and city bird came up and was close. I decided to give it a try and wasn’t expecting too much because of how small it is and how much it was. But man this stuff is so good! They have super seasoned chicken, you get a lot of food for what you pay, and they are really quick. City bird forever has a place in my heart.

4. Cincinnati Music Hall – If you can find your way inside it is definitely worth the view. This building was most recently re-done and one of the newest features include the addition of huge windows, which are breathtaking and overview the side of the city. There is a lot of weddings and events here but it looks right down at Washington park which is another amazing place to hang out. Washington park has lots of little flea markets and other events. Head over to their website to see the full schedule : https://washingtonpark.org

5. Pixel 19 vintage warehouse- Clothing overload. The only way to even describe it. This old warehouse contains rows and rows of handpicked vintage clothing. The owner is an original gangster when it comes to the vintage scene, he has been in the business since he was super young. This warehouse contains t-shirts for $5 and specialty t-shirts for $10. He has tons of other items like jeans, coats, sweatshirts, lingerie, accessories, buttons, and pretty much anything else you can think of. You have to call the owner to set up an appointment or call for him to come and let you in the front of the building. This company has styled clothes for movies such as, ‘My friend Dahmer’, the new Ted Bundy movie on Netflix, several ‘X-men’ movies & much more. If you are looking for vintage clothing this is the only place you need to go!

Chloe Sacre

Cincinnati '22

University of Cincinnati
Emma Segrest

Cincinnati '22

Emma is a current Creative Writing and Journalism major at the University of Cincinnati and works as the Editorial Captain for Her Campus UC. When she is not writing she can be found reading Jane Austen or tending to her plants.