Fall Events So Good They’ll Get You Out of the House

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

We know its spooky to leave the house sometimes – but c’mon!

Let’s be honest, fall is an amazing season, but it’s also a season to lay in bed all day with your favorite pumpkin candle burning while watching hours pass. But being a Louisville, Kentucky native, I have been making it my job to try to absorb as much of this city as I can for the time I am here. In doing so, I have found a few things to do here in the city that are spooky, but also exciting enough to make you blow out the good smelling candle and venture out into the lovely city.

Movie screenings at Washington Park – Yup, that’s right, Washington Park screens movies for absolutely free! Grab your besties, some snacks and a blanket and head on over to Civic Lawn in Washington Park for showings starting at 8 p.m. The schedule goes as follows:

10/10:  E.T

10/17: Ghostbusters

10/24: Nightmare Before Christmas

Price: Free!

Clifton Fest – Clifton Fest is an arts and music festival that takes place on Friday and Saturday October 5-6th. It features live art drawings on the sidewalks, two stages of music and many local vendors. It’s located on Ludlow Avenue in the heart of Clifton, which is super close to campus. This festival is definitely one you won’t want to miss!

Price: Free!

Halloween Street Party – Cincinnati Tin Roofs Halloween party is on October 27th this year! They are going to shut down the front street of Tin Roof and have games, live music, costume contests (win up to $1500 and runner up prizes . Oh my!) and lots of half priced drinks. Event is 18 and up but 21 to drink. I know my friends and I are looking forward to this one!

price: Free!

Halloween Drag Show Brunch – Seriously, what’s better than drag and food? On October 28th, Metropole (609 Walnut Street) will be hosting a brunch with lots of drag, fangs and sky-high heels. The price is $30 a person, but this includes a drag show, family-style brunch and mimosas. This could be a great event for the girls (or anyone, really!) to get you in the spooky spirit.

Pleasant Ridge Tour of Homes – Okay, hear me out on this one. If you are anything like me, you have a whole Pinterest board full of cute houses. This is a ‘walking’ tour that will cover 2 miles of adorably remodeled houses in the Pleasant Ridge area. This could be perfect if you’re in the process of styling your new house or thinking about buying one and need real-life inspiration! So gather up the girls, put on your walking shoes, and get going on October 20th!  

Price: $10 – $20 (depending on the time of purchase)

These are just a couple of events you could do! I know, for myself, I use Facebook to find out about everything. Just go to the ‘events’ section and you will find yourself in an abyss of free and cheap things to do in your city. Happy beginning of October and make sure to stay spooky!

Chloe Sacre

Cincinnati '22

University of Cincinnati
Karina Baffa

Cincinnati '19

.