Fall Essentials Every Girl Should Have in Her Closet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

The whole point of fall fashion is to look cute while staying warm, which can be a bit tricky. But if you have the following items of clothing you will be able to look super cute and especially warm this fall!

ScarvesA scarf is the perfect way to stay warm and to look cute this fall. The best thing about them? There are so many different colors and styles that you can chose from. It doesn’t matter if you are going for casual, business or fashionista, there is a scarf out there for you.

Sweaters & CardigansIf you’re not a scarf person, but you are all about warmth and comfort try a sweater or sweater cardigan. Dress up a sweater with a statement necklace or dress casual with your favorite button up or flannel underneath.

Pull Over HoodiesPull over hoodies are perfect for those days where you’re just not feeling it but you still want to look cute. Pair it with some leggings and your favorite pair of boots or dress it up with some jeans and a statement necklace.

Bubble VestLayering is the key when it starts getting cold, but it can also be uncomfortable when you have on two plus layers of long sleeve tops. Have no fear, someone invented the Bubble Vest, to keep us warm and looking cute during fall weather. Personally, I think it looks best over your favorite flannel *wink wink*

LeggingsA girl’s best-friend isn’t diamonds, its leggings. You can never go wrong with leggings because they go with everything. For instance, sweaters! You can dress up or down with leggings and feel comfortable at the same time.

Knee Socks/StockingsStill want to wear your favorite summer skirt? Knee socks or stockings pair with a pair of boots will make your summer favorite wearable this fall. Want be fancy? Try stockings with cute designs on them, or knee socks with lace on the top.

BootsLastly, boots…this is a duh item. You can never forget your boots. Rain, ankle, tall, over the knee? It doesn’t matter! Don’t be afraid to work your favorite pair of boots this fall girlfriend. Just don’t forget to layer them with legwarmers or knee socks!

Ricole Davis

Cincinnati

Born and raised in the wonderful state of Ohio. When I grow up, if I ever do, I want to be a doctor. Fourth year at the University of Cincinnati. In my spare time, I like to collect vinyls, write and play with my favorite boy, my bunny Phoenix. I love everything about the outdoors except for the bugs. Just trying to get through the day without making a complete fool of myself...