Daley Scott: UC Superstar

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

Meet Daley Scott, a Cincinnati native and aspiring nursing student. Daley is actively involved in numerous organizations on UC’s campus and is considered to be one of the funniest and most caring people among her friends. Daley is a current nursing student who has done a lot to reach out to others and put their needs in front of her own.

Read more about Daley’s plans for the future and her involvement at UC.

HC: What year are you? 

DS: I’m a sophomore!

HC: What is your major? 

DS: Nursing (BSN-Bachelor of Science in Nursing)

HC: What organizations are you involved in? 

DS: I am involved in UC Greek Life as a member of Kappa Alpha Theta, the University Honors Program, College of Nursing peer tutoring, and I volunteer at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center

HC: What made you choose Theta? 

DS: I really enjoyed the atmosphere of Theta during recruitment; the girls were easy to talk to, down to earth, and I always had fun when I went to Theta.  Not only did they make me feel comfortable and were easygoing, but they were involved in so many other organizations on campus while maintaining the highest GPA in all of Greek Life.  When I was going through recruitment I was aspiring to be like a lot of the girls I met in Theta, and now they continue to push me to be the best version of myself everyday.

HC: As a recently elected facility management director, what are some of the tasks you will be doing? What is the biggest part of your job? 

DS: I supervise the facility operations of the chapter, serve on the finance committee, communicate with the facility management advisor, and serve as a voting member of the facility corporations board (FCB).  Right now I am busy assigning rooms and gathering contracts for the 21 girls who will live in the house next school year.  Overall, I oversee the day-to-day things that happen in the Theta house!

HC: Do you know what area(s) of nursing you want to work in once you graduate? 

DS: I would love to be some type of pediatric nurse at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center.  I am not sure exactly what type of nursing I want to go into, but I currently volunteer on the hematology/ oncology unit at Children’s and love working there.  That could be one of the floors that I would like to work on when I graduate.

HC: Where is your current clinical rotation) for nursing? Also where will future rotations be? 

DS: My current clinical rotation is on 7NW (medical-surgical unit) at University of Cincinnati Medical Center.  Some of my future clinical rotations will be another medical-surgical clinical, mental health, pediatrics/ OB, community, and role transition.

HC: You have done a lot of work with Children’s what area are you currently volunteering in and what do you do while there? 

DS: I have volunteered at Children’s since the summer of 2011!  I have volunteered in sports physical therapy, neurology, occupational therapy, front desk greeter, A3AC playroom, A5AC playroom, and I currently am volunteering on the hematology/oncology unit (A5) as a bed rest volunteer.  As a bed rest volunteer I get to go into patient’s rooms that cannot come to the playroom. I bring them toys/crafts and play with them.  I love volunteering at Children’s; it’s my favorite part of my week.

HC: Do you have any advice for future nursing students? 

DS: Study!  The classes and content are difficult, but it’s manageable if you stay on top of things and study a lot.  

Also drink… a lot… heavily…

Hello! I am a current sophomore here at The University of Cincinnati where I am pursuing my Bachelor's Degree in journalism with an e-media minor. I am also planning on getting a PR certificate as well. When I'm not writing or watching the news (I know, I'm a grandma) you can find me eating a burger or drinking a nice glass of Kroger chocolate milk.