5 Halloween Candies Ranked Best to Worst

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

Remember when you were a kid and you’d go trick-or-treating with your friends? You’d all have giant bags full of candy, and you’d swap out the ones that you didn’t like? Then there were the candies that everyone loved and would always trade to get more of, even though no one would be willing to give them up! Here are five different Halloween candies ranked from best to worst.

1. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups – I love anything with chocolate and peanut butter, so this is probably my favorite Halloween candy! The ones that are shaped like little monsters – or anything Halloween-related, honestly, are my favorite! A fun trick I recently discovered is to put your Reese’s cups in the freezer, so they’re nice and cold when you want to enjoy one!

2. Kit Kat’s – Everyone loves a good Kit Kat – the creamy chocolate followed by the crunch of the wafer – but  you really have to be in the mood for them. If someone wanted to trade them for something that I wanted more, then I definitely would, but I always liked having a few with the rest of my candy.

3. Candy Corn – Candy Corn isn’t bad, but it definitely isn’t my favorite. Honestly, the only thing I really like about it is that when you stack it up, it looks like this:

4. Twizzlers – I never really liked Twizzlers when I was a kid, but they can be good as long as they’re the colored ones. I’m not really a big licorice person, and I would definitely trade these for something better. I still don’t like them, but if they’re the only available candy, I’ll eat them.

5. Tootsie Rolls – Tootsie Rolls aren’t good, hence why they are last on this list! If I got these on Halloween, I would 100% trade them for something else.

Hailey Semchee

Cincinnati '22

Hailey Semchee is a third-year English/Rhetoric and Professional Writing major at the University of Cincinnati. She loves being creative in any way possible as well as traveling, watching movies, or drinking a lot of tea. You can follow her on instagram @haileysemchee.
Karina Baffa

Cincinnati '19

.