A Real-Life Wallflower: Logan Lerman Steals the Screen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chatham chapter.

The very best and brightest stars seem to appear from nowhere, and the same can be said for Logan Lerman. He is known as a focused and talented young actor who has worked alongside some of Hollywood’s biggest names, including Jim Carrey and Christian Bale. In 2010, director Chris Columbus described the always-professional artist as “a forty-five-year-old actor in a seventeen-year-old body.” The now twenty-year-old Lerman started working in Hollywood in the 90s and soon took small roles in films, such as The Patriot and The Butterfly Effect, before getting a lead role in the WB series Jack and Bobby.

Starring in the Pittsburgh-set indie drama The Perks of Being a Wallflower, it seems that Lerman may finally have made his mark. The enormous praise of critics and audiences alike met the film at its debut. Although the actor is not yet a household name, he may very well be after this success. Originally screened only in a limited number of theaters, it had its national release on October 5th. With its witty characters (including Lerman as the troubled protagonist Charlie), moving storyline, and undeniable quirky charm, the movie is sure to be – like Lerman – an unexpected favorite.

Even so, this isn’t his first starring role! If you can’t get enough of this new lead, be sure to check out his other films. From thrillers to comedies to fantasy features, there’s a movie for everyone. Whether you’re looking for adventure, drama, or pure fun, these movies are sure to delight, entertain, and maybe even inspire. There are indeed perks of being a wallflower, and, although it may not involve huge paychecks, it is revealing Lerman as one of Tinseltown’s greatest hidden treasures.

Hoot 

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief

3:10 to Yuma 

The Gamer

The Number 23

My One and Only 

Meet Bill 

The Three Musketeers

Photo Credit: Collider.com

HerCampus Chatham's Entertainment Writer, Onastasia Youssef graduated from high school in 2010 and entered Chatham University the same year. Although she majors in Art History and English, she has always had a passion for music journalism. She hopes to engage her readers with exciting stories that will broaden their knowledge of musical genres and provide them with the very latest in the entertainment world. Random Fun Facts: Favorite Movie - The Avengers Favorite Album - No Fences Favorite Color - Blue Favorite Food - Yogurt (yes, yogurt)