Quick Question: What Was Your Favorite Book in Elementary School?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chatham chapter.

We asked five of our team members to share their favorite books from elementary school. Read their answers, then share yours in the comments!

Amy Chau, Social Media Director

Magic Tree House. It’s a great series about different historical facts.

Casey Deer, Business Team Member

Bud, Not Buddy because it introduced me to widespread vocabulary.

Catherine Giles, Sustainability Writer

I know this is cliché but Harry Potter was my favorite book series, particularly because my teacher allowed us to listen to the books using my cassette tapes (#throwback!) in class.

Paige Owens, Writer

My favorite book in elementary school was Where The Wild Things Are because it made me think that there was a wild thing in everyone.

Shannon Ward, News/Lifestyle Writer

During my early elementary school years, I really loved the Junie B. Jones book series by Barbara Park. Though I don’t remember much about it now, I know that I used to appreciate how relatable it was to see a book character going through the same experience that I was.

All images from BarnesAndNoble.com

Mara Flanagan is entering her seventh semester as a Chapter Advisor. After founding the Chatham University Her Campus chapter in November 2011, she served as Campus Correspondent until graduation in 2015. Mara works as a freelance social media consultant in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She interned in incident command software publicity at ADASHI Systems, gamification at Evive Station, iQ Kids Radio in WQED’s Education Department, PR at Markowitz Communications, writing at WQED-FM, and marketing and product development at Bossa Nova Robotics. She loves jazz, filmmaking and circus arts.