Need a Job? Be a Marketing Ambassador!

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chatham chapter.

We’ve all been there: hours scrolling websites. Lengthy applications. Worries about commutes and schedules. No one wants to spend the holiday season on a wild job hunt. 

Marketing Ambassador positions make finding a new path easy. We’re partnering with our friends at datemyschool to bring you the inside info on these cool opportunites so you can get hired and get going!

What does a Marketing Ambassador do?

We all have a friend who knows about the coolest stuff before anyone else does. Now, you can be that person.

A Marketing Ambassador connects a company to campus. From hosting events to posting flyers, Ambassadors spread the word about a hot product or exciting venture. Film studios have them. Record labels have them. Even datemyschool has them.

So I don’t have to go anywhere?

Nope! You get all the cred of holding a job without leaving campus. No early mornings and no night shifts; you determine your schedule!

How much support do I have?

Tons. Even though a company may be based hundreds or thousands of miles away, they’ll supply you with all the resources you need.

datemyschool sends Ambassadors a snazzy box full of marketing materials every month: think flyers, posters, hangers and business cards. You don’t even have to dip into your print queue!

What’s the goal?

It depends on the brand you’re representing. At datemyschool, Ambassadors are paid based on the number of website sign-ups they get each month.

What do I gain from it?

If you’re interested in marketing, event planning, or even public speaking, Ambassador positions give you incredible hands-on training. Organize awesome parties, pitch to campus publications, and talk with students one-on-one. You’ll build connections, learn the ins-and-outs of building a brand, and find plenty of opportunities for ingenuity. 

Bonus? With datemyschool, you’ll be connecting your classmates to cuties and creating serious relationships; you may even help one of your friends meet their special someone!

How much can I make?

Even with the flexible work schedule, Marketing Ambassadors can still make a lot of money. datemyschool pays some of its Ambassadors upwards of $1,000 a month for incredible performance.

How do I apply?

Most Ambassador programs have easy online applications. datemyschool has one of the simplest: just sign up for the site, answer a few questions, and you’re all set!

Sound good? Be one of datemyschool’s 2,000+ new hires this holiday season: apply here!

Mara Flanagan is entering her seventh semester as a Chapter Advisor. After founding the Chatham University Her Campus chapter in November 2011, she served as Campus Correspondent until graduation in 2015. Mara works as a freelance social media consultant in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She interned in incident command software publicity at ADASHI Systems, gamification at Evive Station, iQ Kids Radio in WQED’s Education Department, PR at Markowitz Communications, writing at WQED-FM, and marketing and product development at Bossa Nova Robotics. She loves jazz, filmmaking and circus arts.